Collection Service / Scam

1 PO Box 5628Peoria, AZ, United States
Phone: 1-877-742-5300

This company called my mother claiming to be a collection service, stating that she owed $104.00 for a subscription to the Globe paper, which they claim she committed to verbally over the phone. My mother was sure that she never talked to anyone about any magazines. Understandably, my mother was extremely upset (they also sent her a letter to her home address, which they some how obtained and had her home phone number as well). I decided to look into this for her, she was told that she would receive her papers after they received (him) her banking information, which was not given to this man, thank god. First of all this is a scam and there is no such thing as a legal verbal contract. After reviewing many such stories and complaints against this Company, which I looked up on the internet, I wanted to talk to these people or man myself, but when you call their number which is provided on their collection letter, you get voice mail saying they are closed for the day and want you to leave your name and phone number along with the case number, which is also on their letter. If anyone is receiving this letter and phone call (they claim to be collecting on behalf of another company called US Periodicals Inc, which doesn't exist by researching this company also) it is very important that anyone receiving this should report it immediately to the General Attorney's Office immediately.

Ve