Collectable Automobile Magazine / Terrible company

1 United States

Subscribed to this magazine as a holiday gift to a friend, got the invoice with both our names on it and both of us received a magazine. Sent three letters, no response, finally got an e-mail address, sent the information and finally got a response that the one subscription has been cancelled but that they showed an open balance of $29.95 for the gift subscription. Told them I had sent the check, gave them the number and they said they did not receive it. So I told them I would send another check which I did, thought everything was finally resolved, got my bank statement and found that they had in fact cashed both checks. Lots of e-mail correspondance to get this resolved, finally they admitted they had in fact cashed both checks and they would finally send a refund check for the over payment. Got the refund check, not for $29.95 but for $24.96 and where that amount entered the picture I do not know. Bottom line is that this took months to resolve, that they did not have a clue what was going on and never had the courtesy to answer letters when it was first brought to lite. Then telling me they never received the check when in fact not only did they, they cashed 15 days before the replacement check was cashed. Not a good company to do business with, they just do not handle details or correspondance well and put a customer through needless expense in time and effort and truly took all the joy out of giving this subscription as a gift.

Pe