Collect Pros / entertainment weekly bill

1 WOBURN, MA 081888-4133PO BOX 4133, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-439-1825

They sent me a collection bill for $365.75 for a magazine, Entertainment Weekly, that i do not get, have never ordered and have absolutely zero interest in. It is a bogus bill. When i called to complain the number listed was a pay by credit card only number, not a valid business phone number where a human is actually there. I don't want bad credit, but this is not mine. How do i go about taking care of this scam?

El
May 21, 2015

Comments

• Ro

COLLECT PROS - 311 W. Third Street, Carson City, NV 89703:
    They sent me a collection bill for $365.75 for a magazine, Entertainment Weekly Magazine, that i do not get, have never ordered and have absolutely zero interest in. It is a bogus bill. When i called to complain the number listed was a pay by phone only number, not a valid business phone number. I was informed to go on line if I wanted to dispute the bill. www.collectpros/dispute.com gives you samples of dispute letters to send out. I don't want bad credit, but this is not mine. How do i go about taking care of this scam?

• Cy
      21st of May, 2015

I did not order this, I do not want this, and have no interest in this. I do not owe 299.25 and I will not pay for something I do not care for.

21st of May, 2015

I received the same letter in the mail today May 21, 2015 for Entertainment Weekly Magazine for $332.50. IT'S a scam. I actually talked to some foreign woman who I could barely understand and she said I ordered these magazines in Dec 2014. She said I could settle my account for $32.50. Lol nope nope nope nope, it's a fraud they aren't getting any credit card info from me!!

• Je
      22nd of May, 2015

Nikehightops...that is too weird. I have the same letter regarding Entertainment Weekly from Collect Pros for the exact same amount. I have never had anything from them. Magazine, bills---nothing.

22nd of May, 2015

Jemminger there are a lot of people on this board who have gotten this Collect Pro letter. It is a fraud and a scam. I just hope they don't have any other information on me!!! I don't want this on my credit report. My pink paper was dated 5/18/2015. The letter says send money to a P.O. box in Massachusetts but it was sent from Carson Nevada and the postage says Florida!! Wt[censored]

22nd of May, 2015

Jemminger there are a lot if people white have received this same letter from these Collect Pros frauds. My pink paper was dated 5/18/15. It says send money to.a P.O box in Massachusetts in but it was sent from Carson Nevada with Postage in Florida!! Wt[censored]

22nd of May, 2015

This is a scam to get our money! They want us to send it to a P.O box in Massachusetts but it's sent from Carson, Nevada and the Postage says Florida! I wonder how they got my address and how much other info they have on me. I don't want this fraud on my credit report!

• El
      23rd of May, 2015

same letter different amount 299.25. never ordered or recieved

• Ju
      23rd of May, 2015

23 May 2015

Received a notice to collect a debt from Collect Pros today. The product is listed as Entertainment Weekly Magazine and the amount in collection is stated as $365.75 as others have received. There was never an order placed for this magazine. I, too, attempted to call to dispute but only got a computer.

I am turning this notice over to the United Postal Service and the BBB.

Judy Parsons, Portland TX

25th of May, 2015

I received the same notice although mine was dated 5/20/15. I have never order this magazine nor would I ever.

25th of May, 2015

I hope they don't have my debit card information.

• Sb
      26th of May, 2015

I received a letter from Collect Pros stating I owed $365.75 for Entertainment Weekly. I have never ordered this magazine. I have excellent credit and am afraid this is going to hurt my credit score. Tried to call the number on the letter but cannot talk to anyone.

• Gs
      26th of May, 2015

I have the exact notice re: Entertainment Weekly magazine. I am calling BBB as well.

• Ai
      27th of May, 2015

The collect pros have send me a bill letter $365.75 which I had never order and Magazine,

• Li
      1st of Jun, 2015

So If its a fraud then we shouldnt worry about it hurting our credit correct. there should be some place we can turn people in for this right. thanks for your blog or i would have thought i needed to do something. i am throughing this notice in the trash.

• Co
      3rd of Jun, 2015

Yep gotten same pink letter here ...i wonder if someone will send some anthrax to that P.O. Box ...not that I'm encouraging that sort of thing ...two wrongs don't make a right

• Ca
      30th of Sep, 2015

Yep, I got one too, 5/20/2015. Postage paid in Florida and return address in Carson City, Nevada. Not going to worry abut it, just file it in the circular file!

12th of Feb, 2016

Collect Pros is attempting to collect $87.63 for an item I did not order and had immediately returned. The seller again sent me another item which was promptly returned. I am concerned that since the seller has my basic mailing info, they will continue to send me unwanted or unsolicited items.