Coles Supermarket / staff behaviour

1 james stYeppoon, Queensland, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 0749391126

My Daughter, her partner and four year old son moved to Yeppoon Qld 8 weeks ago. They bought a large boat and moved closer to the sea. My daughter has rang me in tears about the attitude of the staff when she uses the self service checkouts. On average her family spend 1200 per month on food at coles. Only two supermarkets in this coastal town and she is ready to change to woolworths.. The staff members on the door make her feel un comfortable and like she is a thief when her and her young son shp there, my daughter has a dark complexion and wonders if this is why the staff member singles her out for extra scrutiny at the checkout. Standing intimidating close, Still watching my daughter while answering the questions of other customers, so close that my daughter said if the woman exhaled heavily she would feel it. My daughter descibes
it as over the top and very embarrassing . My daughter and her partner make four times the average coles worker wage in a week, she has no need to steal although having worked in retail herself she is aware financial status does not define a thief rather moral concious . My daughter says she feels so intimidated she always takes the self serve option to take a receipt as she worries she will be stopped and accused. As this has happened repeatedly she has become very upset and does not wish to shop at coles . By refraining from using this store due to the staff members behaviour this woman is actually losing the company aroud 12, 000 dollars in sales to my daughter. would it be worth making a complaint or are there to many grey areas with this type of thing.? I am wondering if it is worth my daughter approaching the manager and introducing herself or whether she should just complain by way of spending her money elsewhere. It is understandable that staff need to keep a close eye on the goings on at the self serve but what my daughter has described is way over the top and unlike anything i have experienced at a self service checkout area. most staff greet you, make there presence known, offer assistance etc but this woman focuses on my daughter to the extreme and singles her out over other customers for heavy scrutiny. My daughter has her young son helping with the shopping etc and feels that he has picked up also on her discomfort. would like to see my daughter treated fairly without any possible prejudice, for this woman to treat her with the respect she gives other customers and to realise my daughters is financially secure, has morals and no need to steal. Is it worth complaining to Coles Yeppoon Manager or will it just go in the too hard basket. Should i let them know this staff member is potentially costing the store 12 to 15 thousand a year in lost sales due to her behaviour or not ???

Mu

Coles
    Gateway shopping centre
    Victoria
    Australia

Purchased fresh chicken when seasoning chicken noticed the chicken still had its stomach contents still inside noticed bruising on the outside skin also - best before date was 14-09-2014 -chicken had been frozen and defrost red ready to cook- not happy feeling quite discussed to find this.