COIT / carpet cleaners

CA, United States Review updated:

I wanted to express my displeasure with COIT service. I have NEVER been so dissatisfied. I scheduled a carpet cleaning for my rental property, of which NO TECHNICIAN showed. To begin with, I received a call 10 min into the time period which the technician was supposed to show up from a COIT representative asking if anyone had arrived to my HOME address, I replied I am not sure if he was at my HOME address because he was not supposed to be there, he was supposed to be at my RENTAL address, the address I specified on my online order.l The service reporesentative said he would call the technician and call me back. NEVER CALLED BACK, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I called COIT back about a half hour later and a different service representative informed me my order had be CANCLED! CANCLED, by whom I asked. Of course he could answer that and assumed it was by me. I then requested to seak with a manager, of which I was sent to voice mail. AGAIN NO RETURN CALL!!! He did however offer to send out another technician, but could tell me what time, as if I had all day to wait, which I DID NOT. Just note, the service was UNSATISFACTORY, and the customer service even more so. Will I utilize COIT services again, NO! Will I recommend COIT to family and friends, NO!

I took the day off work to do this, NO SHOW! So another day off to have my carpet cleaned. Believe me it definattely won't be COIT this time.

Jt

Comments

• Pi
      19th of Jan, 2011

The reason why you were stood up was because of a little known fact with big buisness's like Coit. Here goes. Each and every day a "tech" (if you can call them that) is given his/her route. ( where they are going, etc.) and usually these people are loaded with more than four to five, sometimes six stops! So, whatever stop you are on his or her route will determine how fast they will get there. Even if they give you a "windowed time" such, practice is flawed with big buisness. The "tech" will have to work faster or slower depending on their mood, quality of jobs declines, you get a real horrid job if your "tech" is in a rush. You waste money and sometime's, like in your case, a no show! Until, Coit can pay their employees more and give them less job, will then only will you find your money has been we spent and your time well considered. On a note: Coit "techs" get paid commission so they have to rush in order to make their money. Can you imagine working more than eight hours, and only get paid the equivalent of ten dollars and hour? Also, "techs" don't get a bonus for all the "hard" work they put in-the upper Management, Managers and Corporate dummies do! Buyer beware, Coit will upsell you, bait and swich scam prices, and not honor the so-called 40 percent discount. It's a sham just ask any of their technicians.

• Ho
      14th of Apr, 2011

Do not use COIT. We used their Houston service for the first time in March 2011 and NEVER AGIAN. We have lived in our house for over 8 years and have had many service providers through to provide mostly excellent service. After the COIT visist we found an IiPod Touch was missing. Their management was extremely aggressive and rude and will not take any responsibility. I have filed a police report and will also now sue. They will not get away with this and have picked the wrong person to pick a fight with on this issue. We have managed to steer at least 15 potential customers away from them in the last few weeks and will continue to do so. When talking to their management one quickly realizes there is not much there (at least one of them is bordering on illiterate) and they are too stupis to figure out that 15 customers and counting has cost them much much more than the replacement value of the iPod. This is especially true when you consider that the life time revenue from these potentila customers could be substantial. COIT's cleaning process is also no better than any other. My advise - stay away from this dishonest organization.

• Ge
      23rd of May, 2011

wow! I was looking up "oriental rug restoration" and the first thing that popped up on my computer was Coit Cleaners...Coit Cleaners is the reason I need oriental rug restoration!!! While my husband and I were away, we were having our gorgeous, very large, very authentic rug cleaned at Coit...we were assured by them that they were every bit as good as West Side Cleaners which was out of business. I see people compaining about Coit not showing up...I WISH COIT HAD NEVER SHOWN UP!!! They took my beautiful rug and destroyed it; pull ing it through some sort of machine or something and tearing it apart. My son called us in California after unrolling the rug and he said, "mom, what did they do to the rug???!!!" When I saw it I could have cried. Restoration will cost 2, 000.00 dollars. the only reason I was getting it cleaned was because of a visiting puppy but all I really had to do was take it outside and wash the pee off and let it dry. Please do not call Coit!!!

• In
      7th of Jul, 2011

Coit Carpet Cleaners...Horrible customer service, inaccurate estimates, overpriced, unreliable.

• Ru
      11th of Jul, 2011

Imagine answering the phones "Thank you for calling Coit, how can i help you?" ALL DAY LONG... to all the other stops on their route! They make the "Money" stops top priority and will leave small or lower income area stops until last or reschedule them after they wait all day. They make bonuses on each upsell and will loose the other customers to get the most money they can that day, sadly most of the managers know it and condone it for the same reason. Coit is not the kind of employer, quality people work long term. If you last, , You Are One Hell of a CUT THROAT...

• Wa
      31st of Aug, 2011

BUYER BEWARE!!! They ruined my area rug. Read EVERY work and check mark they put on your sales receipt. That's where they get you

• Ca
      3rd of Dec, 2015

I was scheduled to have COIT come out and stretch and clean my master bedroom. They assured me that the technician would be out at 1:00 this Thursday 12/3/2015 at 2:30 I called and said no one has arrived Sara tells me that she was going to call me to inform me that the technician that does the stretching called in sick so they could not do it. I was furious I spend three hours in the morning tearing down my COPENHAGEN bed set that comes into a million pieces and dragging every thing out of the bedroom for this. I also have new bedroom furniture being delivered in the morning. I asked her why did you not call me early, I know that the technician did not call in sick at 1:00 in the afternoon, you could have called me early in the day so I could have figured something else out. Also I asked her so you weren't even going to have someone come out and clean the carpets you were just going to blow me off? Sara kept saying that people get sick, I was furious at her that is not the point I said you should have called me how unprofessional is that. Sara said that they would try and get someone else out today to stretch and clean the carpet TRY I said. I called another company they came out that day and did both the stretching and cleaning I cancelled my appointment with COIT I will never use them again. ...

• Vi
      14th of Nov, 2016

never again was referred to coit said they were the best !!(wrong) the service call and service was so bad I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT first would not show me the price before the 35% discount, he wanted to argue it was only 30% #3 did not run sweeper before he started ...#4 then a hose broke in our bedroom got everything wet from furniture, fax machine, computer, copier, dresser and clothes in dresser #5 paid $89 for a chair that did not gt a 35%discount and over and above that was not totally cleaned... could not even read the paper work ...#6 then he said he was going to scotch guard the carpet and chair he took a bottle of ? sprayed here and there not doing the entire carpet or sprayed the chair 3 or 4 times but not the entire chair #7 the came the deodorizing that was a real joke sprayed around had us and the dog causing us to gasp to breath ...NOW I ASKED FOR A REFUND... THEY WANTED TO COME TO THE HOUSE AFTER... I HAD TO DO OVER ...THEY WILL NOT GIVE US A REFUND SO DO NOT CALL COIT IF YOU LIVE IN GREATER CINCINNATI OHIO OR NORTHERN KENTUCKY AREA ...Jordan's