Cognizant Technology Solutions Private Limited / Manager's harassment!

1 India Review updated:

I'm working for Cognizant Technology Solutions for the past 6 months. I'm handling a client called Orbitz. I'm reporting to a Manager called Deivasigamani. Last week I got a offer from Samsung India Limited. In Samsung I will be getting twice the pay of what I'm getting in Cognizant Technology Solutions. They offered me last week and asked me to join June 15th since there is a training for freshers which is commencing on the same day. But Cognizant Technology Solutions was not ready to relieve me from my duties and also they are not even ready to accept my notice pay as well. I was under a complete mental tension and stressed because of these act of my Manager. During my last 6 months of experience I had a very bad experience with my Manager Deivasigamani who was earlier working with some educational institution. He treat his team members like his students and to get a promotion we need to work like bonded labor as well as we need to be there in office all the days even Saturday and Sunday to take care of all his jobs etc. He himself admitted in front of everybody unless until if we are not satisfying him we don't get promotions or good rating in appraisal. Which leads to lot of resignations in Cognizant Orbitz team. And in India Cognizant Bangalore is having the highest rate of attrition rate due to these kind of managers. If you ask for any favor you can hear if you are not happy please resign apart from these line probably you won't hear anything. I heard our COO Francisco D'Souza is also aware of this issue and couldn't do anything about this managers. So who ever joining Cognizant Bangalore please be aware of this crap managers.

Comments

• Un
      24th of Jun, 2007

I am also a victim of Cognizant Technology managers and recruitment team. They gave me false assurances about the COLA, saying salary would always include that much COLA and later on when i moved to a state, they stopped paying it to me. Their recruitment crew member Abhishek Pandya is big bluffer, he gives all false assurances at the time of joining the company, but later on you realize when you join the company. All the managers are unfortunately very rigid and when you talk to them, they say ' leave the company we dont care' they dont have much projects and force you to work 16 hrs a day and 7 days a week. This is the worst company i have ever worked with.

• Un
      21st of Jul, 2007

I agree. The COLA problem happened with me as well.

24th of Sep, 2007

I agree, they have a shady recruitment process. Fortunately, I was able to spot their trick with salary figures before I joined and backed out. They, then blamed me of reneging !!

• Di
      14th of Mar, 2008

I dont agree with this totally. It is also the responsibility of us as candidates to get to know the policies before we join. COLA policy exists is a lot of companies and these policies are similar for all companies.

14th of Mar, 2008

Agree with what verma said. If we are making a job move, we should know the policies of our future employer and more over COLA is paid differently in different cities. Once cant hope to get the same COLA for Manhattan NY and Glendale AZ :-)

• Su
      24th of Apr, 2008

Cognizant Salary is the worst even when compared to desi companies like infy and wipro. The cola is a joke. No salary hikes for last 5 years. performance pay is meagre 5% at best and if you consider inflation thats actually a decrease in salary. Every year hr ppl come up with false justification saying salary is benchmarked against other companies never say what those companies are. Plain hogwash. growth oppurtunities are few and far between.

• Na
      13th of Jun, 2008

Performance pay is 4.5% of base pay for those who get EA. What about the rest of us who get only EM or MA? It is even low. The base pay is low, so the performance pay is negligible. Now they are kicking out everyone from USA because they are unable to place us. What kind of nonsense is this. They make big promises and hire us at USA. Then we find out that our designation doesn't make sense and our salary is another sad story. But we still do hard work, please the managers and complete our project. Then they tell us to leave the organization because they cannot place us. What about our families and our H1 visa? It is pathetic. We should start an employees union.

• Vi
      17th of Jun, 2008

I m recruited for IT field.Now they are telling they dont have any project in Information Technology(Testing).so we have to work in Cognizant BPO.I suggest Bsc Candidates dont join cognizant.They will play football in your career.

• Vi
      7th of Jul, 2008

Worst place to work is cognizant technology solutions.

worst politics. beware of tamil bhramins and malayalees. very silly people. dont know to behave professionaly. all sambar iyer vals .cunning bhramins. no growth.

60% people are Fake all from Andhra pradesh. most of my friends put fake and working for more than 3 yrs even now. what honesty???? and integrity???

bhramins dominations.(Cognizant).

Beware of bhramins(curd rice) and cunning mallus

Non bramins:- if you are fair, then plz try to learn iyers slang, the way of talking.put one white rope. def they wil promote u. will get good appraisals and chances for onsight.

Cognizant sucks…. people continue there for 15 rupees cheap meals and… i pod.. DVD gifts..etccc…. Good place for putting kadalai( chatting with girls in the campus in cafeteria.( recently they switched off the A/C in cafeteria’s to avoid these kadalai’s.

sombu adichuu kakka pottu soapu podara pasangla

very cheap employees and a cheap company. girls put over scene acts like they are very intelligent as though they were from IIT’s but from remote rural colleges. if u ask a Cognizant employees which is your previous orgaization 75%

people will tell we are from Kekkran mekkaran( junk companies like pan shops) company. none of them from reputed organisationsalmost 80% Fakes.

• Gm
      11th of Jul, 2008

Hi,

If you are not comfortable with cognizant, Please go ahead and resign.

• We
      26th of Aug, 2008

Guys let we think what we have done to the company instead of asking what company did to us.
    Every company has its own bureaucracy. If you guys feel its difficult to work and the pay is low. Please do resign instead of writting ugly comments.
    May be the guys recrited for IT, beign placed in BPO, its really not advisable.
    However regarding salary and beacuse of one or two managers u can't say whole cognizant life is bad.
    All the very best.

• Ni
      9th of Sep, 2008

Cognizant has got big set of lousy damn stupid managers who take proud to harass girls under them and HR are use less damn busy in their own illegal stuffs & corruption.

CEO & precidents are great liars of ages.

• Su
      20th of Jan, 2009

i dis agree the statement against bhramins this is very stupid. i think that guy who gave the comment against bhramin is mental, he must be admit in mental hospital. i don't think he is a normal man.

• Ct
      24th of Jan, 2009

Cognizant is a very worst company. It is totally parthetic company. No work culture, no nothing. They have very bad attitude towards freshers. This company sucks. Its worse than a third rate company and they act as though they are the best. For all freshers dont ever fall into these stupid poeples trap. The HRs are big ###. This company sucks to the very last thread.

I once again repeat. Dont join this idiotic company. This company SUCKS SUCKS and again SUCKS.

• Sr
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Guys.. Most of you need to improve your basic english writing skills. You will be thrown out of any company if you write such english. I thought of reading some serious feedback but ended up laughing after reading your poorly written sentences. Hope you guys take up some english learning course.

27th of Apr, 2009

Hi,

If you get chance to work in CTS DW (Insurance), please be careful with Guru Prasad Ragvendran, He is PM as well as dirty politician.He will ruin you career by playing dirty politics.
    Because of him CTS lost big client . Guys please be careful.

• Ct
      24th of Jun, 2009

I do agree that Cognizant is definitely not the best place to work for, especially where the freshers are concerned. Freshers get no preferences, none at all. Despite the skills a fresher carries, he is asked to work on any domain or technology. Infact some of the projects are so stupid and silly that a twelth standard student could easily do the work. But they need engineers so that they can charge the clients.

The managers are crazy and they screw their team members. Damn these managers. But moreover, they don't even release you from project even when you ask. They generally state that you can resign if you want to.

Cognizant has a lot of extra curricular activities like cultural programs, etc. which is some relief. But then, they are never the crux so one actually ends up ruining his/her career in Cognizant.

Stupid stupid company. But I wonder if all service providers are like this. They show big dreams to the campus recruits and in reality it is all bull ###.

• Co
      26th of Jun, 2009

@above

Cent percent true... They totally brainwash candidates during recruitment.. They paint a very rosy image about the company... Only when the candidate steps in will he realise that he is in for a nasty surprise...

And the language based politics is so blatant and shameless... Oh my!!! Really glad that I ran away form this company...

• As
      25th of Aug, 2009

yes! they treat the freshers very badly with no value to us...shuffle projects as they like..without jnowing our basic skills..
    and im from production engg background and was given a ADVANCED JAVA project while an IT goldmedalist was given a support shift project...think the brains of the HR ppl who allocated us to projects...thank god..i had quit the company

• Ra
      28th of Aug, 2009

You guys are rite..even i joined it recently...we r working like donkeys...12 hrs a day ...nd 7 days a week...since 2 months...nd no extra pay...nd nothing...managers suck...mallus and tamil here...nobody knows english...girls look like sweeperss and sex workers...