Cofell Industries / Will not honour warranty

1 563 McNaughton Ave E. Chatham OntarioChatham, Ontario, Canada

In September 2008, Cofell installed a new kitchen for me (cost-over $11, 000) and on November 28, 2011, I phoned them advising that one part of the countertop showed signs of a defect. On January 18, 2012, Cofell inspected the countertop and confirmed that it showed signs of a defect. Cofell's supplier then came and confirmed the defect but they only offer Cofell a one year warranty. I reminded Cofell that their Quotation dated April 9, 2008 clearly states that Cofell Industries warranties the "countertop and seams for FIVE YEARS". I have been in contact with Cofell 9 times since Nov. 28/2011..phone calls, emails and letters yet have never received a reply to my problem. I have received a quotation from another company and they advise that the countertop replacement is approximately $ 500.00 plus installation and in my email of Feb 21, 2013, I suggested a cash settlement to resolve this situation as I do not want Cofell replacing my countertop due to their "lack of business ethics" in this matter. This was reported to the Better Business Bureau but Cofell refused to reply to this complaint (surprise!!!). Will cost more to peruse legal recourse so have decided to drop the matter. Just don't deal with this guy.

We