Cobra Insurance / Cobra Coverage and premiums

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Conexis will rip you off. They will first send you a letter stating you no longer have coverage after a certain date. Months go by and you hear nothing and when you call you get nothing from the Incompetent customer services people. I asked speak to speak to a superior and this fool "Morris " says he is the supervisor even though it was the same person. I get a letter last week stating that if I wanted coverage I would need to pay the 4 month prior to make me current. Why should I pay for benefits when I was told I didnt have coverage even though I paid the first premium to elect the coveage. I was told I have to wait for my X employer to pay their portions. So for 5 months Ive been waiting for insurance that I was told I never had and now they say paid the back pay becaues we have figured out your premium. Stay away from CONEXIS they are con artis and when they get caught I want my portion of the class action suit againt this company because I smell fraud. They will blame the employer and the employer blames them but nobody takes care of the customer.

More Cobra Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      27th of May, 2010

For help call Conexis V.P. Dee Dee at 214-596-7791 She figured out my 'problem' in one day. Do NOT waste your time with the customer service numbers.

• Cr
      26th of Aug, 2011

Hey mama,

You said "Connesis ...will first send you a letter stating you no longer have coverage after a certain date. " that is probably the final cobra notice, and required by law. It should be They will first send you a letter stating you no longer have coverage after a certain date - if you do not return the paperwork and pay premiums by a specific date."

The employer is ulimatley responsible for any misdeeds of Conexis, you complained to your former company? Your old employer may not be happy IF Conexis is not fullfuling their role of adminstering COBRA. There is a two step process we use to get action from the health plan adminstrator. Try sending this letter first: http://www.cobrahealth.com/Sample-Sugar-Spice-COBRA-Demand-Letter.htm and if that does not work, http://www.cobrahealth.com/Sample-Litigant-COBRA-Demand-Letter.htm. You can also file BBB complaint against Conexis and could warn others. You may also try and sue Conexis for $110 per day they were in violation IF they in fact did not offer you COBRA.