CoastalContacts.com / Horrible customer service

I spent FIVE weeks trying to get a refund on a return. They double-charged me, had mysteriously no record of my return, and basically lied to my face. I called Customer Service over and over and no one was ever available to help me, they were always "in meetings". The customer service reps are worthless. They promise calls back over and over and NO ONE, not even the higher-up managers and Corporate-level employees, return calls. I eventually had to write an email to the OWNER of the company to get my stupid refund and finally he put it into action, after I went through 3 weeks of Customer Service Reps and 2 weeks dealing with the "managers". Absolutely horrible company I will never give them another penny of my money.

Va

Comments

20th of Nov, 2008

Entirely agree the company is horrible. They will harass you to no end. I've heard many horror stories about duplicate billing and then demands for payment, threatening to ruin your credit.

There are plenty of good services out there - this is not one of them. Also they send out nearly out of date Japanese packaging. So I am sure they just buy up garbage that has been returned.

• Sh
      15th of Feb, 2009

My girlfriend has had a shocking experience with the Japanese branch of this company - Coastal Lens. Their website is advertising incorrectly that "tinted" lenses as colour contacts. When she complained they told her it's her fault, but I read the site - and the US/Canadian one - and it's clearly stating that they are colour contacts, when they are not.

When she raised this with them via various emails their "customer service" people told her that those are designed for the use of Japanese people who perhaps are married to a western person and have a child with blue eyes... Rediculous - everyone knows that's an impossibility.

Finally - we looked a bit futher into it and the particular model of contacts was discontinued by CIBA 3 years ago. I'm not sure of the shelf-life of these things, but I'm pretty sure that they are way past use-by.

So yeah, I agree with your comments - avoid these dodgy companies.

• Ha
      28th of Oct, 2009

these contacts are horible my best friend bought some red ones to be a vampire and she wore them on halloween and the next day her eyes were dscustinged ! and she cant see anymore so dont buy coastal contacts enless you want to suffer

• Re
      8th of Sep, 2010

I for one LOVE coastal contacts. I have purchased both contacts and glasses with them, and have never had a problem, even when I returned two pairs of glasses and even swimming goggles after I decided I didn't want them. At one point, they sent me some glasses that I had not yet paid for, they didn't look right, and they let me exchange them with a different pair and had me pay only the difference. When I called about exchanges/refunds (which are bound to happen when you are buying frames online and are not able to try them on), everyone has been very easy to talk to and helpful. Refunds took place within days, and I have never been double charged. I have recommended coastal contacts to all of my glasses-wearing family, and they have never experienced a problem either. Sorry to disagree with you, but I deal with them a lot, and have NEVER had a problem. I will never buy glasses at a retail store again.

• Kd
      12th of Jun, 2013

The "first pair free" is a total scam. Don't waste your time, next thing you know you will be spending $100 for your "free" glasses.