Coastal Marketing Services #420 / Magazine Renewal

1 11445 E. Via Linda, Suite 2Scottsdale, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-922-0530

Coastal Marketing Services sent me a renewal offer for Us Weekly and must reply by 09/01/2008. Sent them a check, and check was cashed on 09/03/2008, however, no magazines have been mailed to me.

Comments

• Ld
      21st of Aug, 2009

Coastal Marketing Services sent renewal offer for Popular Science. Sent $36.00 + stub off offer June 1, 2009. Check cashed June 11, 2009. Popular SCience has no record of renewal as of August 21, 2009. Called Coastal marketing's Toll Free line 1 866 922 0530 and you get a recording they will get back to you. My subscription expires November 2009. Feels of a rip off. Popular Science states it may take up to 120 days for 3rd party renewals. This is now in excess of that and Popular Science says to contact 3rd party. Seems to me that this type of service should not be allowed and stopped by Popular Science through legal action.

• Jb
      28th of Jul, 2010

I paid Coastal Marketing services $79 to renew my US Weekly and they have no record of receiving my check. I have a feeling I was scammed and am now out my money.

• La
      28th of Jul, 2010

Took 2 years to resolve, but did finally receive full subscription. Very diifficult to contact.

20th of Jan, 2011

i just want this company stop sending me these magazine.i had paid to much already and i will not pay for any more.this is all i ask.thank you jburgess

• Di
      17th of May, 2011

This company has been sending me offers for years for Harper's Bazaar, which I've not subscribed to in over a decade. When the 866-922-0530 # is called, there is a recording that picks up, stating to leave the # above one's name on the offer, and one will be removed from their offering list. Then there is a request stating to leave a voicemail w/ one's name, (full) Contact phone #, and so on, so that they can honor one's wishes. When I attempted to enter that #, both before and after the beep, I was told that either it was the wrong mailbox # or the wrong password. There is no way in H-E-doubleHockeySticks that I'm leaving my phone number and name for this company!
    It's a ### company, there are complaints all over the web about them, and they need to cease and desist!

• Au
      20th of Jun, 2011

I recieved a "Notice of Renewal/New Order Offer for a magazine I already get. I will not be responding to this offer execpt to call and tell them to take me off their "contact list". Enough is enough...never heard of them prior to this "bill" from them. Not going to fall for their "offer"!

• Wi
      27th of Nov, 2012

This company needs to be taken out of business. They have dupped my 90 year mother out of $36.00 for Readers Digest. I have been calling the 866-922-0530 for almost 2 months now. Never any response. I also called Readers Digest too and was told they can not help either. So very frustrating. I cant express how frustrated I am with this company.

23rd of May, 2013

This company somehow got my name and credit card number (from another vendor who explained that one free issue of a magazine would be sent to me and no others unless I called and ordered more). I received 2 magazines instead of one and was charged for a year. When they called to confirm receipt (about 2 weeks later) I requested cancellation. The "friendly" Mr. Darriel Hightower shouted over me stating that his records stated that I agreed to such terms (although I was telling him that I most certainly didn't and explained what was told to me) and that I had missed the cancellation period. When I asked to talk with a supervisor, he said he was the supervisor. When I asked to talk with his manager, he said he was the only person I could talk to. When I asked who his supervisor was, he said "Mr Mike" but that I couldn't talk with him because Mr Mike just signs the checks and doesn't talk to "nobody." When I told him that he was talking to me with a raised voice and that he was the one arguing with me, not vice versa, he said, I have a deep voice, that's just the way I talk. I commented that he was using a raised voice and talking in a disrespective manner and it had nothing to do with a deep voice. All of this he denied. So as I tired of the tedium, I just said I'd call the BBB and file a complaint and call my CC and have them reject the charge. And he says, "That's what we'd like you to do" (which makes no sense) so I said okay then, good bye. This company has a fool "running" its customer service. Clearly someone who hasn't been trained well. To be honest, I really didn't even care that much about the $20 charge but after he was so rude I decided that I'd dig my heels in because I truly never agreed to a one year subscription never mind a "5 YEAR renewal" which he supposedly canceled for me. I totally agree, this company should be taken out of business.