Coastal Contacts / Bad service

1 United States

Over four months ago I purchased O2 Optix contacts from Coastal Contacts. I received the correct contacts in the mail within about a week of purchase.

At the time Coastal Contacts was offering a $60 rebate, so I filled out the form and mailed it in about 14 weeks ago. The rebate form explicitly states that the rebate would be issued in 6-8 weeks. I have called Coastal Contacts three times and emailed them once and I get horrible customer service.
- During the first call (3-4 weeks ago) they told me that the rebate form was indeed received by them and that they would email me within a day to let me know what was going on; I got no such email.
- About a week later (over two weeks ago) I called again and was told that the rebate was approved by them and that it was "awaiting signature" and was probably already in the mail to me. I waited and waited and never got the rebate.
- This past Monday (3 days ago) I emailed Coastal Contacts to complain and they have yet to write back even though their website says that they respond to emails within 24 hours.
- Today I called and they told me that they could not listen to my complaint because they were experiencing a high call volume due to the upcoming Halloween holiday (go figure?)

So, what it boils down to is that do not expect to receive a rebate from Coastal Contacts and do not expect any customer service - because they do not have any.

In addition, their website appears to be American, but it is not. They charge your credit card from Canada which can produce a foreign transaction fee on your credit card bill. Their website has no disclaimer saying that this might happen and there is no indication on their website that they are located outside of the United States.

Ga