Coast to Coast Hot Tubs / Rip off

Mr. Russell Scot. What a crook. I am surprised the state of Illinois has not shut down his business. All I can say about him is get everything in writing and read every line of his biased contracts. He promised me one thing (a certain size and type Gazebo ) I found out before delivery that the manufacturer does not make the size I contracted to purchase. When I called him on it he refused to refund my deposit because he contract says "No refunds". I took all avenues to try to get my money back short of going to court. Mr. Russell Scot attitude was I got lawyers go ahead take me to court. He must do this allot.

We cut our losses. We refused to deal with him any further, which I am glad of for our contract with him was for over $20, 000, but he ripped us off for over $3, 500.

Va

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009

I should have guessed this company was not above board when within 8 months after I purchased a Hot Tub they said they don't handle that manufacturers equipment anymore and you need to call the manufacturer. The manufacturer didn't sell me the equipment, Coast to Coast did. Now the manufacturer doesn't have a dealer in the STATE I live in and the tub is still under warranty and broken. I wouldn't give this place of business a click of the mouse to even look at their products. Find a brand name Hot tub and a reputable dealer...not this one...

• So
      23rd of Jul, 2010
    Coast to Coast Hot Tubs - Stay away from Coast to Coast Hot Tubs
    Coast to Coast Hot Tubs
    coasttocoasthottubs.com

I purchased a floor model hot tub from Coast to Coast Hot Tubs on 6/24/07 at a Hot Tub Show in Libertyville, IL. The hot tub was delivered on 7/2/07 and I noted that the stereo faceplate was missing and the door that houses the stereo was missing a clip. I immediately telephoned Coast to Coast in Crystel Lake, IL of the situation and they said they would have to order a whole new stereo and that it would arrive in a couple of days and then they would come and install. I waited an entire week and did not hear anything from Coast to Coast as to when they were going to come and install. My wife called Coast to Coast on July 11th and spoke to the service dept and he said that the new stereo part just came in the previous evening and he had to check his schedule for July 12 & 13 before he knew when he could come out and install the new stereo. My wife left another message that I was off of work on Thursday and that we preferred to have it installed Thursday. The service dept. left a message on my home phone that same day stating that he would come and install on July 13th @ 9 - 1 pm without even checking with me if that time frame was good for me. I left another message stating that I was dissatisfied with their customer service and wanted it taken care of on Thursday. The owner phoned me Thurs. and said he did not like my message that I left and proceeded to tell me that he would not honor my warranty or service my spa and not to come in his store for anything but that he would complete the repair of the stereo which was scheduled for Friday July 13th. The service repair was not completed on July 13th. I went to his store on July 14th and told me again to leave his store and he admitted that he instructed the service repairman to cancel my repair. He then accused me that I swore to his wife on a phone message and he proceeded to use profanity at me in his store and challenged me to fight him just outside his store. He ordered me out of his store and admitted that he would not instruct his service repairman to complete my repair and that I should just deal with the manufacturer directly, Master Spa.