Coast To Coast Coins / Rip off dealer

I recently ordered a coin ( pillar dollar 8 reale silver dated 1751, for $375.00 supposedly in Extra Fine rated condition) What they sent me the first time was an inferior coin that wasn't close to the quality that was pictured on the website, I sent back the inferior coin and gave them a chance to send an equal quality coin as shown or the actual coin that was pictured on the website, the replacement coin was worse than the first coin they sent, I returned the second inferior coin and asked for them to cover my shipping /insuring costs (approx. $21.00) they refused, I called several times to speak to management and supervisors about the ripoff to no avail! I want to warn everyone from purchasing coins or collectables from this unscrupulous "dealer". I gave them 3 chances in total to send me an extra fine rated coin as described and pictured on their site and they sent me GARBAGE! don't waste your time or money dealing with this company! They still have the coin I wanted and expected to receive on the site at a higher price now ($399.00) and I am sure what they would send an honest buyer another of their inferior coins worth considerably less than the quality coin they show you. Both replacement coins they sent to me were poor quality, heavily worn, and discolured, I think the rating they apply to their "merchandise is rated by their own "self appointed authority". One of the coins they sent me was cracked to boot! DON'T BE FOOLED AND DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THESE LOSERS.

Ja

Comments

• Vi
      24th of Oct, 2011

Coast to Coast Coins has been selling Military Payment Certificates at exhorbitant prices and on top of that, they don't have the correct information listed with many of their notes. They state that the Series 611 and Series 651 were used in Vietnam. That is not true, The only series used in Vietnam was: 641-661-682 and 692. The first two number in each series indicates the year of printing and the last number indicates the issue of printing. The 641 was issued in Vietnam on 08/31/1965 and withdrawn on 10/31/1968, the 661 series was issued on 10/21/1968 and withdrawn 08-11-1969, the 682 series was issued on 08/11/1969 and withdrawn 10-7-1970 and finally the series 192 series was issued 10-7-70 and withdrawn on 3-17-1973 I notified them about a year ago and they have not changed a thing. I would be concerned that these people either are all about ripping off the general public or their knowledge of coins/currency leaves much to be disired. I WOULD NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING TO THEM AND I WOULD NOT SELL THEM ANYTHING!!!
    THE PRICES THEY ASK FOR THEIR ITEMS ARE SO FAR ABOVE THE ACTUAL VALUE THAT THEY EITHER NEED TO GET A TRUE APPRAISER OR WEAR A MASK!! LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR YOUR COIN/CURRENCY NEEDS.