Coast Gas / Northern Energy / Terrible customer service!

1 885 salinas roadWatsonville, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 831-724-3200

I have been trying for a month to find out who owns the tank on our property. I have made several phone calls, left numerous messages and had several people leave me with the promise to "call back". Our property owners are telling us they own the tank, we've asked for documentation from Coast Gas to prove their ownership. They said we signed a contract and that is proof of their ownership. I explained to them the tank was already on the property when we and the tenant prior to us moved in and we need to see some kind of asset documentation. All this time and the tank may not even be their's but they've charged us $65 a year "rental" for it.

Let's talk about billing. It takes up to a month to get a bill. You send payment and two weeks later you get another bill with late fees attached because their book keeper is always out sick.

Let's talk about delivery. I had set scheduled delivery for 120 gallons because of the rising price of gas. We're on a limited budget with 2 kids in the house who have to eat occassionaly. Suddenly I get a bill for over $400 and over 120 gallons. I called and asked what happened and they told me they never had that agreement with us, but they'd be happy to set it up. Oh and by the way, you'll have to pay more $$$ per gallon to get the short delivery of 120 gallons now.

Great company to stay away from.

Kr

Comments

Su
  30th of Mar, 2008

Coast Gas has been my supplier since 1991. I never ran out of gas until this March. They filled my tank October 4th and then in March I ran out. They said "based on my usage..." The customer service is poor, the manager will not return my calls, and the gal that answers the phone is nasty. I can't wait to find another supplier.

I wouldn't go with suburban because once they lock you into a price the rate category never changes! I was paying 70 cents a gallon over the normal rate because they never changed the rate as I used more fuel.

I know who the customer above went with, but they will charge me 40 cents a gallon more because I own my own tank. That means to me that I will pay $480 dollars a year for owning my own tank whereas the rental is $125 a year.

An
  12th of Nov, 2008
Coast Gas / Northern Energy - Horrible Service
Coast Gas / Northern Energy
885 Salinas Rd.
Watsonville
California
Phone: (831) 724-3200

Horrible customer service in every regard. The policies are
arbitrary and so are the prices.
We have three tanks from them. One is for our rental house
and the customer is on will-call. Coast came up to fill one
of the acct. tanks and the driver filled the wrong tank AFTER
the tenant had moved out.
They tried to blame us for the driver's mistake of not checking
the tank serial number.

This is just one example after years of one thing after another.

Try Dassels - Our neighbor uses them and has no complaints what-so-ever. We're switching all three of our tanks.

Good luck!