Coast Dental / Massive fraud

Orange Park, FL, United States

DO NOT USE COAST DENTAL!!! EVEN THOUGH THEY WILL ACCEPT ALL INSURANCES. THEIR BILLING IS FRAUDULENT.
1. THEY SUDDENLY PROPOSED AFTER 2 YEARS THAT I NEEDED THE "INTENSIVE CLEANING" PROCEDURE FOR $650
2. AFTER PRODUCING A NEW INSURANCE CARD, THE PROPOSAL WENT TO $850. THE OFFICE MGR SAID INSURANCE WOULD PROBABLY PAY ABOUT 40%. EVEN THOUGH THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS, I AGREED TO THE CLEANING AT THE OFFICE(JAN 2014) AND HAD IT DONE. IT TOOK 30 MINUTES AND NO PAIN. THEY CLAIMED THEY DID NOT NEED TO USE AS MUCH ANESTHESIA AS WAS PROPOSED SO WOULD GIVE ME A BREAK ON THAT PART OF THE CHARGE.
3. I PAID $500 ON DAY OF SERVICE (THIS INCLUDED A $99 TOOTHBRUSH AND $20 BOTTLE OF MOUTHWASH)
4. ON APRIL 10, I RECEIVED A BILL FROM THE OFFICE FOR $416!!!
5. I CALLED AND THEY CLAIMED THE EOB FROM MY DENTAL INSURANCE INCORRECTLY THREW OUT MOST OF THEIR CHARGES. WHAT???? (INCLUDING DENTAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR $58.00). THEY CLAIMED THEY SENT IN ALL MY XRAYS AND RECORDS IN ORDER TO BE PAID PROPERLY. AFTER 30 MINUTES OF INSISTING THAT I OWED MORE MONEY, I ASKED FOR THEIR CORPORATE NUMBER. THEY REFUSED TO PROVIDE IT. MY EOB STATED MY OUT OF POCKET WAS ONLY $106, BY THE WAY. THEY INSISTED THAT I WOULD NEED TO PAY THEM THE DIFFERENCE EVEN THOUGH I POINTED OUT THAT I WAS NOT REQUIRED TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT THEY CHARGED AND WHAT INSURANCE PAID.
6. I CALLED MY DENTAL INSURANCE AND THE REP GOT THEM ON THE PHONE AND NOW THEY AGREED THAT I WAS OVERCHARGED BY $160. THEY WILL KEEP IT ON MY ACCOUNT. (DO THEY THINK I WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN?)
7. I ASKED FOR A CHECK TO BE SENT TO ME FOR THE OVERCHARGE AND WAS TOLD THAT IT WOULD TAKE "UP TO 16 WEEKS". I SAID THAT IS MY MONEY AND I EXPECT IT RIGHT AWAY. THEY SAID CORPORATE DOES NOT WORK THAT FAST.
8. NOW I AM WAITING FOR MY REFUND! I WONDER IF I WILL EVER SEE IT?!
NEVER, NEVER USE COAST DENTAL. IT IS UNETHICAL AND WILL CHEAT YOU OUT OF YOUR MONEY!!!

Do