CNET.com / internet virus and malware

I went to download some video editing software that they recommended in one of their articles. Each of the programs that I downloaded from them came with some programs that I did not request; they were automatically downloaded and I had to search google on how to remove them. The software I downloaded from them didn't work. I was surprised, I had thought cnet was legit but it seems they just spread viruses to people's computers.

Ju
Apr 29, 2014

More CNET.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ru
      19th of Jan, 2012
    Cnet.com - Totally slow and unresponsive
    Cnet.com
    cnet.com

Totally slow and unresponsive, riddled with scripts that don't work and make the site unusable. Hilarious for a tech site really...

• Re
      3rd of Oct, 2012
    Cnet.com - I started to download a program from this website and my Antivirus detected a Trojan
    Cnet.com
    cnet.com

I started to download a program from this website and my Antivirus detected a Trojan. I thought it was a temporary problem as CNET.com had been a reliable site to use for years. I assumed they would fix it. About a year later I tried it again and again there is a Trojan in a downloader application. They are aware of this and do nothing.

Fortunately my AntiVirus picked it up but I would imagine many had computer problems caused by this Trojan. I give in a quadruple minus 1.

• Ju
      28th of Apr, 2014

I tried to download some programs that were offered "free" on this site. The programs had malware and unwanted programs. It took me about 30 minutes to remove the unwanted programs that Cnet downloaded to my computer without my authorization.

• Ju
      4th of May, 2014

Sent an email to the company, no reply.