CMG*INSIDERS-CLUB.COM / unauthorized withdrawal from checking

United States Review updated:
Like the other people that have posted apparently right before me, there is a rash of this company robbing people of their money $83.88 at a time. This is an obvious scam of some sort. i've disputed it with my bank. This is scary because you don't know who else can do this without your knowing it! I only hope my bank will return the money to my account and these people end up in some sort of horrible prison.

A  14th of Mar, 2009 by
I just checked my online checking register and was billed $8.95 from CMG*INSIDERS-CLUB.COM. I have NO idea who this is. While it is good to be able vent the issue at this website what good does it do if a solution is not forthcoming. I will contact my bank immediately to try and get the charge reversed. If that does not work I will cancel my card and order a new one. If anyone has a better solution I'd like to hear it.

Taylor, MI
N  16th of Mar, 2009 by
I received the same $83.88 charge on my checking account. After some investigation, I realized the source of the charge. It is from a site called "FreeShipping.com". About a month ago, around Valentine's Day, I purchased a gift from "ProFlowers.com". During the purchasing process, I was offered free shipping through this service which included a first-time trial membership. Of course, during the normal course of conducting my life, I forgot about this. So, I went to "insiders-club.com" which gives a search page, put in my card information and it put me straight to "FreeShipping.com". Subsequently, I canceled my on-line spending habits do not warrant the use of this service enough to make it valuable. Others may find this useful...
A  17th of Mar, 2009 by
This happened to me my bank was charged, 83.88 for the insiders club CMG_ insiders club it is fake .Now I have to fight with my bank to get my money returned I'd like to know how they scammed me out of my checking account.
A  18th of Mar, 2009 by
i also ordered something online and chose freeshipping.com to save on shipping charges. I was also charged the 83.88. I called freeshipping.com at 1-800-869-5597. Once you sign up with freeshipping, it's a free membership for 30 days. After 30 days, you get charged 83.88. When i called them, they cancelled my membership and said they will refund my money. I will be looking into my bank account to see of that happens. I hope this helps others that may have been caught in this trap...