CMG Insiders-club.com / Unauthorized Charges

CMG Insiders-club.com
Phone: (866) 544-8983
I also received an unauthorized charge to my debit card for $83.88 from CMG Insiders-club.com. I googled them and found this complaint board, which then prompted me to look through my e-mails to make sure I didn't do something intentionally through a company affiliated with them somehow. As it turns out, I had an online transaction with ProFlowers.com for Valentine's Day and found an e-mail from CMG Insiders-club.com (AKA Freeshipping.com) and mentioned Proflowers.com in it. With that, I then went to CMG Insiders-club.com's site: https://www.insiders-club.com/billingateway.asp and found this billingateway page with an 866 # for billing complaints.

I called and spoke with a guy named Justin, who after hearing my scenario, immediately offered to cancel my alleged account and refund 100% of the $83.88 with no questions asked. Depsite taking 3-5 business days for the refund, I am happy with how they stood up and are taking care of this unauthorized charge.

A  12th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The same thing happened to myself. I went online to the "insiders-club.com" website and cancelled my apparent subscription. I will call the 866-544-8983 number to follow-up on my cancellation and to inquire about a refund. The information was helpful because the amount charged to my account was exactly the same.
A  13th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am also a victim of this alleged "sale". I will be calling tomorrow. Thank-you for your posts!
N  13th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Thanks so much called and they cancelled this and refunded my money back it was from pro-flowers that i was charged some rebate thing might of signed up for but did not know about this charge.
N  15th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Thank you all so much for your post. I don't always pay attention to my bank statements but this time I
did and sure enough saw this same charge for something that I had no clue about. I googled it and it was the first thing on my screen. I too, ordered through ProFlowers.com back around Valentine's Day - but it was a friends birthday just a few days earlier. I will make the call tomorrow and hopefully won't have a hard time.
Again, thank you so much for posting this, otherwise I may have never known about it.
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same thing happened to me and I just called and will get my money back in 2-5 business days...

So thanks for the post and info. I guess we need to watch out what we do when we order people flowers and such...
N  17th of Mar, 2009 by
Thanks for the info. Just called at 530 and got my refund. The guy went on to tell me it wasnt a scam... but it definately is. I shop online multiple times a week and have done so for years and never had an issue like this. Its obvious that this company is trying to trick customers. I dont care if the fine terms said that I would be charged somewhere. I SHOULD NOT have to search for info on whether i might have to pay later. It should be plain and simple and up front, otherwise a Scam. Just my $.02
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
I also called the 866 number and raised hell, I was pissed and they agreed right away to credit my account. This is a TOTAL scam from this company and I WILL NEVER BUY FROM PRO FLOWERS again...
A  28th of Apr, 2009 by
I just found the same 83.88 charge on my statement. I called my bank who gave me the number for this SCAM!! The woman gave me a hard time at first but when I said I would be going to the Attorney General she asked me to hold a minute. She then came back and said that my account would be refunded within 2 - 5 business days. I am glad to see that other people have been reimbursed quickly.
I also will NEVER use Pro Flowers again.
D  12th of May, 2009 by
This has happened to us, as well. We have been charged $6.99 per month, for the last 5 months. We called to cancel our accout and to get a refund...to no avail. They said they have no obligation to refund or cancel our "contract".
We will be calling BBB tomorrow and filing a formal complaint.