Clybaun Hotel Galway / Bad Management & Customer Service

1 SalthillGalway, Ireland

An incident occured when we returned back to our hotel room to discover the bathroom door was locked from the inside and the shower was trickling. (April 2015)

The porter on duty asked us if we could use a bathroom across the room during the night. We have 2 young daughters and said that this was unacceptable.

The porter tried to open the door but could not - our belongings were in the bathroom also

He then asked us to move rooms but said it would be smaller than a family room that we had booked. Although we understood and reluctantly moved rooms at this crazy hour and ended up having to sleep "3 in a bed" in the other room (229)

My husband demanded that we be compensated for this and the porter said that he could do nothing. Then he said we could have 2 breakfasts...There is 4 of us!!

The next morning we received 4 breakfasts - my children did not eat the breakfast as they are not adults and would have prefered some cereal or pancakes but we were not even given this option. My kids went to their competition hungry!

We had to head off to the Galway tennis club for a cheerleading competition early the next morning

All my family had to go to this competition without brushing our teeth because our items were in the locked bathroom - we were not even offered anything from staff

Also - my runners were in the bathroom and I had to borrow a pair of shoes from a friend - this is totally unaccpetable! What if I hadn't got friends with me - was I to walk around bare foot?

Also - if I had special medication for the kids in the bathroom what would you have done?

We were advised that the manager would be in at 12.

We left the tennis club to be back in hotel for 12 - the manager had still not turned up and it happened that we missed my daughters performance because we were waiting to meet manager - I was fuming because when I returned to the club was daughter was distraught.

I had left the hotel and the receptionist asured me that she would call me and let me know that they got the door open and also would post out my shoes and items

We drove back to Dublin and I did not get a call from the manager until after 9pm - at this time I was far to tired to argue

I was promised that my items would be posted. It is now Monday 27th - one week later - I still do not have my items!

Also - the more I think about this situation the more I think how bad this was handled. I had paid in advance when I got to the hotel - €144 for a family room - I should NEVER have paid this amount

Would you believe that I still do not have my items - The hotel never used registered post and now my items are gone missing!! Also - I have received my Visa statement and I was never REFUNDED... I have called manager this morning (again) and still waiting to be compensated as promised.

I am absolutely fuming over this situation and how bad we were treated. And every phone or email from me gets ignored

Any advice?