Club Spirit Promotions / Unauthorized credit card charge

1 3125 S Cashua Dr Unit B-8Florence, United States Review updated:
Phone: 669-5400

I see a Discover Card charge for $39.95 on May 24, 2008. I have no idea what this charge is for as I have no flight scheduled for any airline around that date. It says it is for flight insurance. Please advise.

More Club Spirit Promotions Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sy
      10th of Jul, 2008

I just noticed a charge of $39.95 on my credit card for club spirit promotions. Such a charge was never authorized. I haven't flown this airline since 8/2005.

22nd of Jul, 2008

I have the same charge bu I checked in spiritair.com and aparently is the $9 fare club. They charge you $9 for a trial period of 60 days and after that they charge $39.95 for a year membership. They will charge you anual this amount as long as you are a mmber in this $9 fare club. And they say is not refundable.

• Ka
      25th of Jul, 2008

I was charged $39.95 on July 5, 2008
    I phoned Spirit and they said it was because I signed up for their NEW spirit $9 fare... however, I was charged this amount.
    My last flight was 5 months ago, and I did not uncheck a box that signed me up for this. Apparently it read "free spirit promotions"
    So beware, uncheck the box, it is not free

• Ka
      25th of Jul, 2008

also they said that in order to POSSIBLY get your money back you would have to write a letter to the company

• La
      31st of Jul, 2008

Please cancel my membership.
    I no longer have a Spirit credit card.
    I think in theory Club Spirit Promotions is a very good idea however I would have much more faith in the operation, (a) if I could have easily accessed the site again after not using it for the entire year and (b) if there were a link that simply said CANCEL Membership.
    Please cancel my membership.

Larentina Carberry

• Da
      6th of Sep, 2008

Same complaint as others. A charge for 39.95 from Club Spirit Promotions in Miramar, FL for Automatic Flight Insurance. I'm going to Discover card to have it removed...Dave in Michigan