Club Spirit Promotions / Unauthorized charges

I was also charged $39.95 via credit card for Club Spirit Promotions. Have no idea what this is for, etc. someone please advise.

Eu

Comments

• Be
      16th of May, 2008

on 4/10/08 I booked 2 round trip tickets on record locator L3XKGD, I have now been charged for the tickets plus an $80 charge for Club Spirit Promotions which I did not agree to. I am now putting this charge on my master card on dispute

16th of May, 2008

I was charged $80 for Club Spirit Promotions that I did not agree or request, please have this charge cancelled

• Da
      18th of May, 2008

Okay, I have this charge also, never once did we sign up for the Spirit Club, nor did we authorize the two $80 promotion charges. Is this charge listed in the fine print? Has anyone been successful in disputing this claim? Please let me know, as this is $160 that I cannot afford! I will not be flying Spirit again!

19th of May, 2008

I was charged 39.95 for Spirit Club Promotions. What is
    this charge? I did not authorize this. Please credit
    account.

• He
      2nd of Jun, 2008

i have a charge in my credit card of $60.00 i did not agree with this charge at any time, please have this charge cancelled.

• Ca
      4th of Jun, 2008

I recieved a bill for $40.o4 for Spirit Club Promotions. I was not notified nor did i agree to pay this charge at any time. Please have this charge cancelled and my account credited.

5th of Jun, 2008

I was charged on my Visa $29.95 for this Club Spirit mysterious charge which was posted May 2 08 and transacted May 1 08 . Reference no. 0948. I never agreed or signed anything and have no knowledge of this charge. Please credit my account immediately and also do not repeat any future charges. T.You. A.H.

• Di
      8th of Jul, 2008

I WAS CHARGED $39.95 ON 7-7-08 FOR SOMETHING I NEVER AUTHORIZED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR! Beware people!

10th of Jul, 2008

It was charged for spirit airline, check this out:
    let me know if u can get ur money back, I am trying too!

11th of Jul, 2008

I see a Discover Card charge for $39.95 on July 7, 2008. I have no idea what this charge is for as I have no flight scheduled for any airline around that date. It says it is for automatic flight insurance. Please advise... It appears that this is a scam!

• Bo
      26th of Jul, 2008

I also have a Discover charge of $39.95 on July 2nd, 2008. I have no idea why this charge is on my bill as I have no flights scheduled at all anywhere at this time.

It says it is for automatic flight insurance.

Please advise. This appears to be a scam.

• St
      6th of Sep, 2008

On 8/23/08 a charge of $39.95 was made to my Bank of America VISA.

• Ro
      12th of Sep, 2008

$39.95 charge on credit card. Spirit Airlines automatically renewed membership in their discount travel group. I didn't authorize this. You can cancel membership by going to their resevations site, sign in to the $9 Fare Club, look for the FAQs and look down to about question #12 or so. This is one terrible airline!

• Sh
      12th of Sep, 2008

I strongly agree with the coment posted. I didn't authorize the charge to my credit card and I am trying to see how it can be removed from my bill.

2nd of Oct, 2008

***Read below to find out what this is, how to cancel, and how to get a refund!

Like the rest of you I have received what I felt is an unauthorized charge of $39.95 to my credit card.

First off, Club Spirit Promotions is part of Spirit Airlines (for those who where unsure).
    Second, the charge of $39.95 is an RECURRING annual membership to Spirit's $9 Fare Club.
    When I first signed up for the $9 Fare Club my intent was to do it for one month only and not renew. Through my research I have found that once signed up for the $9 Fare Club for an initial charge of $9 the member MUST login to the website and Cancel the 'Trial' membership within 2 months or it will AUTOMATICALLY role into a yearly membership and you will be charged the magical $39.95. Remember I stated this is a RECURRING charge so if you have not yet cancelled you must do so before your year is up otherwise you will be charged again!

There is no phone support for the $9 Fare Club, but I was able to get much usefull information from this number...954 447-7828. Pick the 'other' option - wait on hold - then explain why you are calling. They will explain everything - help you cancel - and provide you with an address so you can write a letter to request a refund for your $39.95 charge. The address is:

Att'n: FreeSpirit
    Spirit Airlines Corporate Office
    2800 Executive Way
    Miramar, FL 33025

Explain your situation and ask for your refund. You must include a copy of your bank print out with the charge.
    No refunds will be given over the phone and no emails accepted.

To cancel your membership online go to www.spiritair.com - pick the help menu near the upper right corner of the site. Click Answer #10 '$9 FARE CLUB Membership Cancellation and follow the link in the middle of the page.

• Pa
      8th of Oct, 2008

Yes, I too was ripped off...from $9 to $29.95 to $39.95...NO THANKS!

• Ky
      9th of Oct, 2008

I too was shadily charged the $39.95. All that after they pulled some shady moves while I was down in Colombia, wouldn't let me get on the plane because their security guy wanted to leave (I was supposed to know that he always likes to leave by 12:00... plane didn't take off until over 2 and a half hours later), and charged me a few hundred more dollars for a one-way ticket back to the States. It was a complete scam, as is this $39.95 charge. Spirit is an awful company and I will most definitely never give them my business in the future.

• Ca
      8th of Nov, 2008

Did not agree to join club spirit. Charges just showd up! I've been trying to cancel for days, finally found a number on this page. I will try again tomorrow.

14th of Nov, 2008

There are a charge on my visa about $39.95 for this club spirit wich was on october 31, 2008 posted on october 30, 2008. I never agree and I did not autorized putting this charge on my credit and please have this charge cancelled in my account credit. Please do not repeat any future charge.

• Na
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I recieved my visa credit card bill today and I was charged $39.95 for the club spirit promotions. Last year when this charged appeared I told them I do not want this and to cancel it. Again this year I recieved the same charged and was told by Spirit airlines the number that appeared on my charge card of 800772 7117 that I could not cancel this after it has been charged to my card. I explained that I cancelled it last year and was told to bad you get it again this year. How can they charge my credit card when I do not want there club spirit. This is not right and Sprit is pulling some shady stuff here with peoples credit cards. I am going to call my credit card company and report this matter. This is BAD BUSINESS!