Club Penguin Island / Insufficient customer service

1 Hong Kong Review updated:

We bought a membership of club penguin for our 6 years old son last year. Since august 2008, he lost his password and tried to get a new
Password by using "forget password". However, it only sends him
Sometimes an invalid code or wrong link.

I reported to the customer service about a month ago. They did not
Take any appropriate action until i sent a couple of more mail. And until now, this simplest mistake is not fixed.

This service is sold to small children. They are crueless for these kinds of matters without parent's help. I was given an impression that they
Just let it go because they assume parents are not bothered and most of kids may give up easily. I trusted this game because it is provided by disney.com. Until now, they still cannot give my son a new password and his membership is expired soon.

Especially for this kind of service targeting small children, they should show their reliabilty more than other products. I hope this complaints make them do the simplest service to provide the simplest function.

Comments

• Pu
      20th of Sep, 2009

Dear sir,
    I all ready deposited my all emi but there is no any response for my complaint,
    as per hdfc bank i have a receipt of my cash paid,
    =========================================
    During the sachurian bak type with hdfc bank that time, transition is note cleared due to
    bank falt, note cleared any ecs, after that the loane department was saying us, that fild boys collect your EMI from u r home but, we are agreed for paying the emi,
    after that hdfc bank lone department had not confirm us there transition has been stared,
    without any confirmation, they are Field boy collect EMI,
    ================================================
    Now they are send me cheq bounce charge
    3400Rs
    its not good for the customer
    Regards
    Pushpender sharma
    ph-9350229403

• Mi
      28th of Jan, 2010

there should not have members on club penguin because some children parents won't let their kids to be a members AT ALL!!!

• Fi
      13th of Mar, 2010

I have a complaint any time i play thin ice the puffle is controling it self why is it doing that?

• Na
      29th of Mar, 2010

I payed for my membership and i am trying to log in but when i always log in it appears loading penguin and then it gets stuck so i want the clubpenguin team to fix my problem. Thank you.

• Na
      29th of Mar, 2010

I log in but my penguin has a connection problem when i always log in on my account it appears loading penguin and it gets stuck so i want the clubpenguinteam to solve my problem.Thank you.

• El
      10th of Apr, 2010

i was payed until april 15th but when i canceled my membership its a non member already

• Kp
      28th of Jul, 2010

club penguin made thin ice unfair and astro barriers so that you can go up to certain levels unless your a member.

• Cl
      4th of Oct, 2010

I bought a iggy called cosy cottege and when i closed the cattlog it was not there so i logged of and went back on and it still was not there and it has took money away from me

19th of Apr, 2011

it took all of my stuff and got rid of it

APRIL 21 2011

THIS WEEKS FIELD OP is CHEAP it is impossible to do PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not put THAT FIELD op in it NEVER again and also put in the same one but don't make it like that!!!

22nd of Apr, 2011

p.s. EVEN my mom or dad could do it!

22nd of Apr, 2011

p.s.s. i meant to say 'could not

• Je
      5th of May, 2011

Nowadays I can't see my stamps.Its at least been a month since this is happening.Please do something.

• Su
      17th of Jun, 2011

Dear Club Penguin Canada,

I am writing to you as I have exhausted my complaint with your Brighton office.
    They should have all the information on their records to confirm.

My name in Susan Robinson, I am a single mum running my own business as well as two other teaching jobs, so free time to sort out problems is at a premium... I took out a month membership in July 2009 for my daughter. I thought I was careful to check that it was one month only, but it was in fact a continuous payment – it took a while to spot, as this bank account was not used often.

I realised in Feb 2010, that this £3.95 was still coming out every month ( two were taken in the July ‘09 instead of one also). So I telephoned your customer services and was asked several questions to find my account to cancel it – they had problems finding it (as my credit card had been renewed and the number was different????) – I made them aware that I was not wanting to continue the membership and required it to be cancelled. I was assured that it would be investigated and sorted. It was also confirmed that the membership had not had any activity since July 2009 – which shows I had been under the impression it was a singular month not continuous membership.

I checked my statements and still the £3.95 was coming out every month – I have had to spend hours being put on hold and told that they were sorting it out – but still the payments were coming out of the account. I sent several emails with great detail on bank details, email account etc. But still the payments came out every month.

All the while, i am being assured that the payments will be refunded once it is sorted as it went from my 1st date of contact (Feb 2010).

Brighton finally find and cancel my account in June 2010 and offered me £11.85 (3 months payments March April May 2011) as a refund. I have had over £100 taken since 2009 and have been chasing you regularly since Feb 2010 to cancel my membership – I feel that because I have never made a scene and always allowed you to try to sort it out – I have been taken for a ride and am now financially worse off. I was not expecting to receive a refund for the July ’09 – Feb ‘10 – as I had not noticed the payments until then – but I do feel that from when I called you Feb 2010 – and made you aware that I did not want to continue and requested cancellation – that I should receive a refund from then.
    I was really angry today when I was told of the £11.85 refund and that ‘suddenly’ there is no record of my phone contacts in Feb 2010 ��� when it was discussed with them many times before and never questioned.

I never complain – but I really feel that the team at Brighton are covering backs and are not interested in customer care in the slightest. I felt that they were very condescending to me and basically told me I was lucky to get the £11.85 as they never usually give any refunds.

Please could you look at my case, as I really feel I have been led a merry dance and would like to have the correct refund given from when I first made you aware I did not want to continue – Feb 2010.

Please contact me as soon as you have had time to look at my case.

Many thanks

• Po
      20th of Jun, 2011

TODAY WHEN I WENT ON CLUB PENGUIN SOME SCERN POPED UP

• Me
      29th of Jul, 2011
    Clubpenguin - Money??? NOT FAIR

Stupid! Why should Kids pay to put clothes on and play games and access to games! They want to have fun. You earn money from games hoping you can buy something for your penguin. and then there you go! please go to this site and pay to be a member! if you already a member and paided and it expired! You should be able to keepur stuff and ur igloo

• Vi
      15th of Mar, 2012

my dojo has got spoilt

• Fh
      3rd of Mar, 2013

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM. PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW.
    I too have been scammed for years. Lost the child's username (he stopped using it and forgot it) and my child is now an young adult and I was still being chargedI Out of frustration I went to my bank and complained of fraudulent activity on my credit card and demanded refunds. Magically the account finally terminated.
    SHAME ON YOU DISNEY!!!

• Em
      8th of Jul, 2013

I think that we shouldn't have to pay for memberships and we should be able to get personality clothes and puffles!:(

• Be
      12th of Mar, 2014

To 'fhana':

How is that a scam? It's not their fault you can't remember the username and password. Forgetting doesn't cancel your membership. You need to take initiative and contact them to cancel. They aren't mind readers. Ridiculous! Take some responsibility.