Club Penguin / Membership overcharging

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Club Penguin has a deceptive business practice! Do not sign up for membership! When you sign up for a 1 month membership for your young child, you will be charged for months on end until you notice that you are still getting charged. Even though they CAN verify that your child stopped using his penguin after the 1 month period, they conveniently say they do not base membership on usage, so they are unwilling to credit any months that you were charged while presumably not aware that the membership continued. Customer Support/Billing dept did nothing but read from a script that it is not their responsibilty. Don't give them your business! Disney, you should be ashamed of yourself. This is no longer a CUTE or INNOCENT business! It is a sham that believe you me, will be discussed in my circle of friends as such!

Comments

• Fh
      3rd of Mar, 2013

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM. PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW.
    I too have been scammed for years. Lost the child's username (he stopped using it and forgot it) and my child is now an young adult and I was still being chargedI Out of frustration I went to my bank and complained of fraudulent activity on my credit card and demanded refunds. Magically the account finally terminated.
    SHAME ON YOU DISNEY!!!