closeoutoutlets.com / fraudulent company possible counterfeit boots

Ordered Ugg boots at strangley low prices. I ordered them on Sat. and by Monday I had a tracking number. Our credit card company called to notify us that a company (possibly fraudulent) had charged our card. I did authorize it and at this point didn't realize what was going on.
On Friday afternoon the tracking number still could not be tracked. I called USPS with the tracking number and they stated that there was no such tracking number that they even have.
I have since researched and they have several "business names"...but none of which are authorized to sell Ugg Austrailia brand boots, meaning that these boots, IF SHIPPED, are most likely counterfeit.
I am working with my credit card company to remove the charges and report the company.
The Ugg brand boots have since been removed from their website. I strongly Urge one to BEAWARE of this website or any website with "outlet" in the domain name.

Comments

• Sn
      4th of Dec, 2010

If there is a C Saul in Hicksville, NY who signed for and received wrong boots on 12/1 - plz contact mmr625@yahoo.com - I have 2pair here that I did not order!! When I checked my tracking # it shows they were shipped to you instead. Im more than willing to send yours to you if you'll send mine to me!! Forget about the website trying to resolve this, they wont respond and now arent showing any uggs on their site!! BTW: the tracking #s are legit, just take awhile to show up and are coming from china.

• Mo
      4th of Dec, 2010

The website says they ship from US. Go to uggaustraila.com and go to "conterfeit education". More than likely those boots are fake anyhow.

6th of Dec, 2010

Their website says their office is in Florida - however, when I emailed them and used a tracking system on the email, when they opened it @ info@closeoutoutlets.com, it was opened in the middle of the night in California. It was then forwarded on to an email in china. That was a few days ago and obviously they have no plans of responding, let alone rectifying the situation. I HIGHLY recommend that ppl avoid this bogus company - ordering from them is like playing russian roulette with your money - you never know WHAT you will get or even if you will get anything.

7th of Dec, 2010

I'm having the same problem. I ordered 2 pairs of boots on 11/24/2010. Never received an email verifing the order, so I went to the site on Friday to be sure the order was place, even though my credit card had already been charged, and it provided a tracking #. I have been on the USPS site every day sine and it states there is no such #. I have emailed them twice with no response. So as I sit I am out the $180.00 I spent on 2 Ugg items for Christmas for my daughter.
    DO NOT USE THIS SITE

8th of Dec, 2010

i've been duped - what colors, sizes and style boots did you order?

@ snarkymama
    I ordered size 7 gray knit Ugg boots & the slip on black Uggs in a 7

8th of Dec, 2010

Called my bank & they gave me a phone # 888-497-8333 for the company, although the name that placed the charge on my card isn't the same as the site, but it only goes to voice mail. I filed a fraud case with Chase

8th of Dec, 2010

Yes, thats the same # my bank saw, but there is also a web address for the name but it doesnt fully show on our account - you dont happen to have the FULL name/url do you? (www.factorysecr00 is what I have) I too will be filing a dispute. They finally responded to one of my emails using closeout55@gmail.com and all they said was my item had shipped and I should be receiving it soon and added the OLD tracking number.

8th of Dec, 2010

here is another # they have listed on their site - lot of good it does though 800-599-5170

8th of Dec, 2010

If anyone is interested, here is a cell phone number to one of the low lifes in China who finally returned my email after I made a lot of threats because I wanted to return my fake Uggs. You have to dial 011 - 86 - 13666948465...it will cost you to call, but hay it is only like 2:30 AM there now, I suggest we all start calling and waking him up!

8th of Dec, 2010

Hey! Who gave me the thumbs down? This number goes to a live person! Her name is Sara and while her English is not the best, at least it is something...I was trying to be helpful because while I at least received my boots they are stinky, disgusting obvious counterfeits. I have an email from the company prior to receiving the boots where I specifically asked the question "are these authentic Ugg boots"? and they replied "yes". I imagine the fair trade commission and attorney generals offices in Florida and California will be very interested in that email. This company actually offered me an 18% discount to just keep the boots...ha ha, no thanks.

8th of Dec, 2010

thanks vacaygirl - let us know if they credit your account - im afraid to pay to ship mine back and then the creeps not even give me credit for the order I didnt receive.

9th of Dec, 2010

There is no way to ship them back to China! The cheapest rates I found was like $165, suxs! They are slime. I have been relentless in sending as many comments back via there website under the "contact us" as I can, just to annoy them in to giving me a credit maybe to get me off their back...probably won't work, but helps with the venting!

9th of Dec, 2010

I just received my boots after posting a complaint with my credit card company. I ordered on cyber Monday - they just arrived now. My tracking number also did not work. Several people have gotten fakes Uggs here at work - if these boots are fake - they are the best replications I've ever seen. Right down to the boxes and lenticular security code - everything checks out. My boot is one piece - not 2 like the fakes - both pairs match the "real" Uggs people have here at work. It is suspicious that they were such a good deal, so I am not saying the are real, but they pass all the tests.

• Bi
      13th of Dec, 2010

I have the same problem. I order 2 pairs for my wife on 11/29/10 ($317.00), got a tracking number on 12/04/10 that does not show up. After 2 emails to the customer service link I received a reply saying they were 1 million % shipped. I sent a second email today and if the boots or tracking do not show up by Wednesday I will file with AMEX.

13th of Dec, 2010

I ordered a pair of UGGS on 11/28, and the money was taken out of my account on 11/29. No response to e-mails. No luck with 800 number either. Left a message that I have contacted the consumer protection agency, and gave them all of the information. I suggest that if any one else is having this problem, that they report them as well. How do we get this site taken down? Right not I have no UGGS, and my money is gone, I don't want to see this happening to anybody else.

• Ta
      14th of Dec, 2010

No boots, (ordered and paid for 2 pairs - "UGGAustralia boots ") no money back, they dont answer my mails anymore !!! Dont buy anything from this company !!! They are a fraudent -and I have now reported them to Visa - so hopefully I get my money back !! I have never experienced anything like this before and its VERY enoying and time consuming !! I hope everybody who has been scammed by this company -- takes action, so they have to close down their buisness !!

• De
      14th of Dec, 2010

I also ordered a pair of uggs from www.closeoutoutlets.com, on November 27th. Although, I received a tracking number from the company, USPS does not have a record of this number. They were supposedly shipped on 12/3/2010. By now, USPS, states this number should have been recorded and trackable. I have sent numerous emails to the company, with no response! I will now be reporting them to AMEX, and the Consumer Protection Agency. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

14th of Dec, 2010

I too have received the same runaround and have yet to get the UGGs ordered. I just wonder if we all are getting the same UPS tracking number of EE40365206 plus 3 other digits.
    I started a complaint with my credit card company already, since it takes 30 days before they can start their process.

Let's see if the item gets here before Christmas, but I doubt it. I ordered and was charged the money on 11/29

• Kp
      15th of Dec, 2010

I just called the number vacaygirl provided and spoke to someone although her english was very bad. She said she would check my order and email me within 48 hours. I'm not holding my breath but I'll wait 48 hrs. before contacting my credit card company.