CloseoutGenius or geniuswholesalesignaol.com / Fraud, bait & switch, misrepresentation

1 2120 ocean ParkwayNYC Kings County, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1888-654-3648

Bait and switch. False representations. Fraud.
On 3-12-09 via their Closeout Genius website, I made a good deal purchase, - I thought.
30 minutes later I got a telephone call from a salesman, [Brian], who gave me a story that the goods would not work as I thought, - the cameral body was plastic, - the lens would not autofocus, - competitors with similar cheap deals were also selling this cheap version, - which would not work the way I would want. - It was going to cost more than 2 x as much to get the best quality - and what I wanted. He said we were being recorded, - I said "good" because in reliance on your representations" I will authorize the purchase, - but if this was not true, - I'd want out of the deal. They charged my card approx. $3000.
--- I found out within hours that the salesman was lying. I immediately sent an e-mail to cancel.
- I called in the am on 3-13-09 and talked with an even ruder salesman who refused to acknowledge anything even though he claimed he was listening "with his other ear, to the taped call on 3-12-09" he denied any misrepresentation - yet he launched into the same false claim that there is a cheaper Nikon D90 camera with a plastic body which cannot autofocus. - False, Nikon would not make such a ridiculous thing and call it the D90!
---In this 3-13-09 telephone call, the salesman [Spencer] threatened a 30% cancellation fee, - plus attorney's fees and costs. Claimed he was listening to the recording, - and they would not give me a copy of the recording.

I've cancelled my credit card numbers that I gave to this fraudulent group.
There should be a class action v. Defendant: Wholesale Genius, INc. ATTN: Jack Milabasati, 2120 Ocean Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11223.
Claudia Brisson - just outside San Francisco, CA

Cw

Comments

• Az
      5th of May, 2009

I call in around weeks later after you had called I am sure I called 3-25-09 I was talking to a person I don't think he said his name. But I called to ask about CANON POWERSHOT G10, because I did a Google search and it was $229 and that camera is $ 600 at the store. Anyway as I was asking about the product and I asked for a description on it..I don't think i ever was treated so ruuudlyyyy in my life before with a sales representative...The man said, "I am not going to repeat my self again (with an attitude) I asked again, I just want more information about the product..He said "I already told you we don't have the camera..I am not going to repeat myself again..Than he said call some other time. I never did call again. Because of their BAD customer service. For a few hours I must say I did bother me...I went home shocked...