Closeout Genius - Garvin GPS / bait and delay

Don't know much about his company other than I ordered a Garmin GPS, was told it was in stock, ten days later was told it was backordered and would be shipped in a week or ten days, was told that tree other times, and still the item has not been shipped six weeks after I was told it was in stock. Oh, but it will be shipped in a week or so (I bet). I've spent a couple hours on hlod just waiting t ogt tthrough to hear the latest lie. Don't bother with this company.

Comments

Mo
  4th of Mar, 2009

I also ordered the Garmin 265WT two days ago since it was such a great price at $155. Got an email the following day instructing me to call the 800 number to confirm the order. I tried calling the number but it was busy the first day. Called the second day and finally got through on about the 20 tries. I was on hold for about 5 minutes until a live person answered the phone. I was transferred to another rep who put me on hold for about 15 minutes before getting back to me. The complaints here are about the bait and switch is true. The rep tried to sell me the memory card by saying I need it to operate the GPS. I knew right away that this was a bait and switch tactic since I don't need the memory card to operate the GPS so I declined. The rep mentioned that it came with the 2004 map and I have to purchase the update if I wanted the 2009 map. I said I don't need the update knowing that I could purchase the update at Garmin instead. The rep then confirmed my shipping address and said the unit will be shipped in 4 to 5 weeks. I didn't say anything about the shipping time since the price of the GPS was $100 less in the store. After I hung up the phone, I checked my email and got an message saying my order was cancelled and all information about the order and my shipping info have been deleted from their system. I checked the price of the GPS on their Website and it's now $15 more. I checked my checking account and so far no charges so I think I'm lucky I didn't get scammed. I just wasted three days trying to get the GPS. I'm checking this website from now on before ordering anything online.