closeout direct / bait and switch

1 22115 nw imbrie suite301Hillsboro, OR, United States Review updated:

Gucci necklaces were advertised (18 inch) as 14 kt. gold for #135.96 for 12 pieces and $10.54 for shipping. When I received the jewelery, it was not as advertised. I took them to a jewelery store and was told it was gold plated material. I called the company told Joe this was not what I ordered. He said it was sterling silver that was gold plated. I told him I saw a spec. sheet that said it was gold metal. He said no.
I know what I saw. This did not look like what I ordered and he said if I wanted a refund a 15% restocking fee would apply. I told him I will contact my credit card company and fight his charges. I returned the merchandise and forwarded all paperwork to the credit card company. I sent him an email reminding him the items I received was not what I ordered, and not as claimed, either his supplier or his company was fraudulent.

Comments

• Ta
      8th of Feb, 2011
    closeout direct - Will not ship complete order or refund $
    Closeout Direct

I did not receive everything that I ordered - AND PAID FOR on two of the orders that I placed on Closeout Direct.com's website.

It took hours to convince "Joe" of this. After receiving some of the missing items from one order & getting their promise that I would recieve all of it, I placed another order - BUT did not receive all of it. Back to convincing "Joe". He basically accused me of stealing from him, but finally said he would ship the remaining items...he never did! Who is the real thief?

Keep in mind that if you order jewelry from JCR wholesale it may be shipped via closeout direct. I also did not receive every item that I purchased from their website. I would not have any complaints regarding JCR's service otherwise & may even recommend them if they were not affiliated with closeout direct.