Close Out Genius / bait and switch/cancellation of order/retention of credit card information

United States, California Review updated:
close out genius
I ordered a Sony Camcorder for a great price, but when the guy from Close Out Genius called to confirm the order, he told me the camera I ordered was the Japanese model (all instructions and instruction books are in Japanese) and it would be delivered 6 to 9 weeks from now. He tried to sell me batteries, chargers and other things, but when I said the words "bait and switch" he got mad and told me I had just threatened him and that he is now justified in canceling my order. He did. I asked what was going to happen to my personal and credit card information, and he said he would erase it all.

I don't want to order anything from this company. I wish I had looked up its name before I purchased and I would have seen all the comments about the scam shop being run. But, I am worried about my credit card information. What can be done to prevent Close Out Genius from marketing my personal information and the information of everyone else who is getting scammed?

N  17th of Mar, 2009 by

Close Out Genius - Fraud and cheating
Close Out Genius or Wholesale Genius
Phone: 888-654-3648

A scam. I'm having the same experience as all of the other complaints on this website.

Am checking to be sure I haven't been charged by the credit card company.
N  8th of Apr, 2009 by
These are bait and switch/upsell scam artists who epitomize the worst the net has to offer. For all the reasons already listed here ignore the "hook" (the cheap prices) and AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
N  5th of Nov, 2009 by

Close Out Genius - Fraud and cheating
Close Out Genius

April 3 2009 ordered online a camcorder. Recieved a professional E-mail giving conf # . No money taken from my account - no product in the mail. April 16th, I called and asked what is happening with my order? He said it was all in Jap, writting and I would not be able to understand my product so they were sending it back and would send me out one that would be in English THEN HE CHARGED MY CHECKING CARD !!. May 14th I call back - no product - I am trying to be nice andI ask where is it . I swear he says to me" we dont have it we HAVE already sent your money back to your bank . REALLY!!! May 28th NO MONEY NO CONTACT, you reach the same people and it seems they just tell you what you want to hear. I have gone to my Bank and filed a FRAUD charge on them - this is no way to hadle buisness . Just a quick note - I did NOT even go into all the pushy sales talk and promises to get things out on a 3 DAY mail or any of that - THIS BUISNESS IS A FRAUD ...I can prove it - they STILL HAVE THE PRODUCT UP ON THEIR SITE !!! HOW IS THIS POSIBLE!!!