CLJ Consulting, Ltd / People String

1 TX, United States Review updated:

PeopleString ‘Where You Own the Web’. It is the new wave in relationship and social communities; it has the Creativity, Culture, Expressive Forums and places to meet new people and network; but now it combines all that with giving you a share in the revenues that are created by the users of the website.

The ‘other’ social sites keep all of the money for themselves and never give any to their users. They are making millions off of your actions and keeping it all. PeopleString shares the revenues that are generated by its members. This is unique for online social communities. Who other than PeopleString gives its members back 70% of the revenues? (Find Out More) This company intices you to enroll for ease of consolidation of email acocunts, then wants to chare a $200 fee for the service. If you send an email in error to the email address they sent you they want to insult you calling you names and accusing you of spam after they sent you an email asking you to buy thier product for $200. This company should be shut down and told to get a life and stop making accusations and accusing people of things they are not guilty of.

I strongly advise against this company and others who think they can control your usage of email and the internet. I am blind and mistakes happen when sending emails, they are not intentional and yet some have the audacity to try and charge a peroson for what other sites are giving away for free. So much for capatilism and free choice I presume it is ok for some and not for others as indicated by the Director of Marketing Bruce Van Heel who proceeded to call me a name.

Comments

• Xf
      28th of Jul, 2009

This complaint is way off base and I hardly know where to start.

First off PeopleString does NOT ever charge anyone to use their PeopleString email. It is completly FREE to use.

There is no control of email at all, the user is the one who has control of their email.

As in any company if someone is using their email account to spam people they will be shut down.

Anyone can upgrade their account if they want to however it is not required! The upgrade is if you want to make higher commissions only.

This fee is not a charge for their service.

There is nothing to buy or sell at PeopleString.

The above post is absolutely absurd!

See for yourself. Go to the PeopleString website and attend a Webinar. Hear the PeolpeString story.
    You'll see.

Dale Guyant

• Tg
      16th of Aug, 2009

The same happen to me so why should anyone care to join a misleading company. It is horrible that someone would try and take advantage of a blind person who obviously made an error.

T.Gage
    Tennessee

• St
      28th of Oct, 2009

Oh my gosh ... agreeing with Dale Guyant and STRONGLY suspect that we don't have the full story about this person's experience or why he/she was called a name. All we have is this person's say-so about what happened, and no details about who started the name calling and why. Is it possible that Bruce made a human error in this matter? Yes. I don't know the details either way. But let's be really clear about PeopleString itself:

THERE IS NO CHARGE. PERIOD.

In my experience, only about 5% of the people choose the optional upgrade, which provides some additional service benefits plus the increase in commissions for sharing the network with others. This is to encourage some people to become leaders and provide more guidance to other users.

The upgrade is a personal decision, and most people will use it for FREE, just as they do with Facebook and Gmail. Unlike these, however, PeopleString offers some unique e-mail features, like video e-mails, self-destructing e-mails, and more.

Do NOT jump to conclusions about PeopleString based on this complaint. Do your due diligence and see if it's right for you. Considering that it is free, there's no reason not to explore, and then to dump it if you don't like making money with the system.

Steve McCardell

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2009

All I can say is that peoplestring representatives are now spamming the craigslist board - and the Peoplestring website offers no contact details to deal with complaints or report unethical affiliates. That in essence makes them as guilty as the spammers in my opinion.

• Th
      19th of Dec, 2009

While every start up will have glitches -- and overzealous marketers, PeopleString is absolutely NOT a scam. The program is absolutely free -- forever -- unless you choose to invest in yourself as an entrepreneur, help the company grow faster, and get rewarded for doing so.

Some of us are not only making money for ourselves, we are helping non-profits to raise much-needed funds as people they introduce make money for themselves and the group. This is a no-brainer. Nothing to lose -- a great deal to gain. We are climbing in the Alexa rankings and about to go public. And individuals are already earning nice checks, while we grow at a rate comparable to Facebook.

See for yourself at http://www.LogInCash.info

Tim Martin
    PeopleString Entrepreneur

• Sh
      25th of Jan, 2010

I agree that People String is not a scam. How can you expect to make money if you don't put in any work. Obviously the person wanted to sign up for People String but didn't want to do the work to make money. I have never had problems with People String. Everytime I have a problem, I email support constantly and they always respond to me. So it is not a scam people because if it was I would never be involved in it. Well I personally have made money with PeopleString. If you don't believe me I have proof. Check out my video and see for yourself. People String is awesome.

• My
      27th of Jan, 2010

People String is the most amazing and free opportunity that I have seen since I have been in the internet marketing business over the past few years.

How can anyone in their right mind call this a scam. I know people making hundreds to thousands per month in my upline and I have seen their back office. They have been in the business for about 3 months.

This is the best opportunity I have seen in a very very long time... it is free folks.. there is no scam here.. whatsoever.

Michelle

• Wh
      1st of Apr, 2010

CLJ Consulting is right. Their customer service is ATROCIOUS. Not only should "Buyer Beware" but non-buyers, too.

I signed up for the free account with PeopleString in a good faith effort to learn more about what my own customers were calling me about - support for their web-based needs related to PeopleString. It seemed harmless to sign up for a free account to learn more and give better service.

My harmless effort cost me $200 when PeopleString stole $200 out of my PayPal account, instead of depositing money into it. I requested a refund immediately upon find the receipt in the email. Although I received a response shortly thereafter, it said only "Account Cancelled". No mention of a refund, no apology, no explanation as to why my account was cancelled when all I asked for was a refund.

I received additional curt and sarcastic responses from COO Adam Kotkin of Big String, including this gem:

"...Pleasure doing business with you for 12 minutes that you were a member."

I'd be fired from my job for customer service like that. This was clearly Big String's mistake and I end up running around between them, PayPal and my bank all day long trying to sort out their mess!

Does PeopleString think I'm going to support their service with my customers? Heck no! It would be a poor reflection on me to recommend such a shoddy company. I'll be letting my customers know to steer clear.

DO NOT REGISTER FOR A FREE PEOPLESTRING ACCOUNT!

• Je
      8th of Apr, 2010

It is unfortunate that some people have had bad experiences but it seems as though these examples are due to user error and simple misunderstandings. Whether you use it for use as a portal to your other social networking sites or as a way to make some extra money, PeopleString is a great up and coming site! I think people just need to give it a chance.

I joined PeopleString as a FREE member about two weeks ago. You have an option when you sign up to have a free account or to upgrade to an entrepreneur membership. If you choose a free membership, there is no fee. The only thing I provided my paypal account information for is to get paid. That's right. I've been a member for only two weeks and have already made $30 without even having a single referral yet!! You get paid twice a month as an entrepreneur and once a month as a free member (as long as you have made at least $25).

I started a blog to share my progress with PeopleString and show others what it's all about. Learn with me here: http://www.aboutpeoplestring.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Alice
    jenniferalice.com

• Pe
      19th of Apr, 2010

I am totally in histerics here!

There are always going to be a few misunderstandings when there are over 400, 000 people served. Try contacting MySpace, Hotmail, Facebook or any other web site and expect to get the service that i know PeopleString produces day in and day out for more than not. There are alot of statements here that are totally unbelievable and if my math adds up correctly, there are more who disagree with this pettyness that agree with it. BTW, it is impossible to steal money from anyone, no do we and would we.. so that is a joke..and a good story to go with it.. Anyone could review the purchase order sent from this account to PeopleString and see the purchase information that was submitted; by contacting our Operations Officer adam@peoplestring.com

Anyone who has an issue with me personally, can write to me directly! I will gladly accept any claims that i called you anything without being provoked and you can say anything you want and you can call me anything you want, but you can not call PeopleString anything but successful!

Sincerely,
    Bruce Van Heel
    PeopleString Marketing Office

• Vi
      5th of Sep, 2010

This is my personal experience, as I am not one quick to scream scam. However, as soon as I got close to my first payout [Re: peoplestring] my account was abruptly deactivated without warning, nor justification. I then opened a few additional accounts to submit support tickets to get an explanation as to why. Well... only response I received was the deactivation of those accounts as well. I finally just gave it a rest and chalked it up to a lost. To be honest... I was happy with peoplestring (as well as having fun) up until those occurrences : (

Well Bruce, nobody attended to or resolved my issue.

30th of Aug, 2011

From my time getting to know Bruce Van Heel I do not believe he would intentionally try to scam anyone, however I do think he is not helpful or an asset to Peoplestring. Bruce is beyond arrogant, (and I'm not sure why?), rude, negative, he belittles people publicly and does not care about the average Peoplestring member. His motto is to "go out and get new ones"... he has a new "pet" rep every week and then ditches them.. his attitude is that the entrepreneurs annoy him... Peoplestring as a company has been struggling lately and I believe Bruce is a big reason why. Entrepreneurs are on tip-toes trying not to fall out of his favor.. some are worried he will delete their account or not award what was promised if they don't kiss up to him. I think the company could possibly turn around but with a real marketing manager, someone that can inspire others (not by fear of punishment) and build a core team to perform, and just maybe doing some large volume sales in house without blaming E's for not making anything happen. Perhaps Peoplestring attained some early success due to Bruce's efforts, but beyond an initial level it is over his head. He also has no PR sense and sends ridiculous emails that try to sound "Kwel" but just put people off. I wish Peoplestring would hire an effective manager to help turn things around. I would compensate Bruce appropriately for his efforst to date and kick him to the curb.