Climate Doctors / Terrible everything

1 12305 Cary CircleLaVista, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 402-884-4420

On April 30 2008, I purchased a Trion Air Bear air cleaner from Climate Doctors on ebay. Ten were listed; I bought one. It was paid for immediately by Paypal. On May 1, I was emailed by Climate Doctors and told the item was out of stock until mid-June. 'Chris' asked - what did I want to do? I queried back - can you wait list this, and ship as soon as they come in? The answer was yes. I further queried - There is no way this purchase can be lost in paperwork, can it? 'Chris' assured me that this was impossible. I accepted the ship delay. As it later developed, this was a major error.

I expected shipment in mid-June. To me, that means around the 15th. At the 26th I had not received the air cleaner, I had not been contacted about why they failed to ship, I had not been contacted to ask if I was willing to wait longer, and I had not been offered a refund.

At that point, I filed negative feedback on ebay, opened a dispute (just days short of the deadline, as it turned out) and tried to open a Paypal dispute. Paypal said, in effect, 'Too late. Should have done this earlier. We'll pass this along to the seller, though.' Well, I couldn't reasonably do it earlier; I expected Climate Doctors to ship as promised.

The next morning I received a call from 'Chris' -.

'Chris' - You opened a Paypal dispute with us.
Me - Yes, I did. You didn't ship.
'Chris' - We said we'd ship in June.
Me - No, you said they'd be back in stock in mid-June, and I'd be at the top of the wait list.
'Chris' - It's still June.
Me - It's well past mid-June. Either ship it or refund it.
'Chris' - We don't have to respond to a Paypal dispute for 30 days. You can wait for your refund.
Me - Thank you for your 'assistance.' (And hung up.)

So, I waited six weeks, and two weeks past promised delivery, and I didn't have my air cleaner, and now 'Chris' is making me wait for my refund. The dispute disappeared from Paypal's site the next day.

It's strange that Climate Doctors listed not one, but ten items for sale that they didn't have in stock.

Va

Comments

• Dr
      2nd of Mar, 2009

For what it's worth, I've ordered several different times from them directly (a humidifier, UV light and circuit board all not through eBay) and have had excellent service and fast shipping (NE>MO).

• Ka
      23rd of Jun, 2009

I would have called them first, at end of June, to check on the status before I opened a dispute. You kind of screwed yourself there, you pissed them off and then they of course made you wait for a refund. Granted, they should have sent you the unit mid-June, but a phone call from you could have quickly remedied the situation!

19th of Dec, 2009

I order a producted from Climate Doctors using Amazon.com... The advertisied shipping was around $8. When I recieved the invoice that day, it showed shipping to cost $15. I emailed the company that day about the descrepancy and was told by Chris that he would refund the differecence and that the mistake was Amazon's fault.

10 days later, no refund. I was given the run around. Chris and Climate Doctors had no intention or refuning the diffrenced. I was given the run around until I finally decided to give up...

I have seen numerous complains about this company... Consumers shouldn't judge a company when everything goes right. They should judge a company on how they handle things when they go wrong.

The last complaint I read about this company, the consumer reported them to the Better Business Bureau and that was yesterday...

I honestly believe this company has bogus customers padding their positive responses because the negative complaints are really negative. Not 3s or 4s but 1s as an awful experience.

The last statement I recieved from Climate Doctor was "I'm glad you had a negative experience." What's up with that?

• Ni
      8th of Jan, 2010

I had exactly the same experience. They listed a part as being in stock but actually didn't have it. They did call me to inform me that they would not be able to ship it expedited as I had requested. I asked them why they lifted it has in stock when they did next to have it and she gave me some long convoluted nonsensical answer. I actually recorded the conversation and I tried to attach it here if you would like to listen just for kicks and grins.

Anyway, I asked them if they would send it overnight, given that it is a furnace part and I'm freezing my butt off here, and I would have ordered it from someone else and had it here by Monday if they had been truthful on their webpages to what actually had in stock. After checking with her " superiors" she said she " couldn' t do that."

I canceled the order and ordered from 1hvac.com. The guy in Kentucky didn' t have it in stock either, but at least he told me so and promised to try to get it out as soon as possible. We' ll see what happens but I won' t be doing any business with in Nebraska anytime soon

dictated by Nicholo J. Sartor, M.D.

• Bb
      16th of May, 2010

There are numerous complaints to the BBB regarding Climate Doctors practice of substitue generic parts for OEM parts. Beware of Climate Doctors!!! They will rip you off!!!

• Bb
      16th of May, 2010

They are no good. Climate Doctors will us the bait a switch tactics. Cheap parts and $$$$$.

• Hv
      3rd of Nov, 2010

I have ordered several tools from this climatedoctors.com and have zero complaints. They have fabulous prices and service.
    TJ

• Hv
      3rd of Nov, 2010

To the guy that ordered off of Amazon. If you knew anything about amazon you would have not complained. Climatedoctors does not charge your credit card, Amazon does and then they send payment to the seller. Your beef should be with Amazon and not the seller. Call them and maybe they will refund your shipping fees.
    TJ

• Wu
      31st of Oct, 2011

I've alos had a very bad experience with Climate Doctors. They substituted a sub-standard generic circuit board and charged the $$$$. Also, many compliant files with the Better Business Bureau and under legal investigation.

• Wu
      31st of Oct, 2011

Agree...

• Ra
      14th of Oct, 2014

I have a Radon Mitagation business in Montana. I order allof my fans from Climate Doctors. I found the same issue one time when I orderedone of my fans through them on e-bay. Icalled them directly expressed my disappointment and they made good on it in a timelyfashion. I was impressed when the owner of the company addressed my complaint andI order every fan from them now. My relationship with this company is going on6 years now. I will continue doing businesswith them. I think they have worked out there e-bay glitch and are worth doingbusiness with.