Cliffside Apartments / not making repairs

1 17401 E. 40 HwyIndependence, MO, United States Review updated:

I told the front office about a major leak in my living room when it rains about 5 weeks ago. I went in 4 weeks ago, and the manager said she didn't know anything about it. She said they would work on it the next week when the weather was clear. They did get my carpet steam cleaned, but haven't made any repairs. When I went in again 2 weeks ago, they said they were really busy with new rentals, and would work on it the next day. I still have the leak, and a huge bubble in the ceiling covering, and it gets larger every time it rains. Just a caveat to any prospective renters here!

Te

Comments

Je
  22nd of Jan, 2009

I live here. My car's been broken into (a lot of other people's cars too), my doors been kicked in, they've never fixed the door, a window leaks, and the main person on the lease moved out - they won't go after them, but refuse to let me out of the lease. So I'm stuck in hell.

I've repeatedly asked the "landlord" if I could come by to talk to her about getting out of the lease - and she avoids my calls, or when I see her outside, she tells me I have to make an appointment, then cancels the appointment.

Extremely bad experience.