Clicks Metlife Plaza Kabega Park / Poor Customer Service

1 Port Elizabeth, South Africa

I called Clicks Pharmacy division at Metlife Plaza Kabega Park on 05 May 2015. I selected to be transferred to the Dispensary section. Knowing well that this is a busy section, I accepted that it may take a while for someone to answer. Unfortunately, I had to make 3 attempts before my call was answered. I inquired from a young lady whether they had a particular product in stock. She tried repeating the word but couldn't and said no, they do not have it. I inquired about a second product and again her answer was a hesitant, no. At this point I doubted whether she was familiar with both products and asked to speak to someone else. She did not place me on hold but left the receiver on the desk shouting - "this lady on the phone wants to talk to someone else". Needless to say, no-one came to the phone and I listened intently at the banter in the background for about 10 minutes. I hung up and called back. This time the supervisor answered (as I inquired what her position was). She apologized and said she had just come from lunch but would help me. Again I proceeded to name the products I was looking for. She said she would call the person working "in that aisle". Another 10 minutes and no-one came back to the phone. I called back again, this time getting through to the first lady who answered. I asked her why she had left me hanging - she immediately raised her voice and said she just came back from lunch and she was not going to accept that she was the one who left me hanging. Long story short - I did not get assistance with my product inquiry. Secondly, the level of customer service is appalling - from unanswered calls to just plain rudeness. I wish people would carefully consider their career decisions - especially being in a pharmacy environment. Whether pharmacist, assistant or supervisor - It doesn't take the brightest spark to exercise some savvy when dealing with customers. Choose your people carefully Clicks - its not a pleasure dealing with them at all.

Li