Cleawire / Lies lies & More lies!

I initially signed up with Clearwire for a wireless ISP. I was only going to be in the US for 12 months but when I told the guy signing me up he said "if you sign up & then move out of a clearwire area you won't have to pay the cancellation fee" So a year down the road & I am about to leave the US & I decide to cancel the service. Customer Service tells me I am liable for the cancellation fee & the rep who sold me the service is telling me that the rules changed a few months after I signed up & I should not have to pay. Customer Service tells me that he is wrong & I have to pay but I am stuck between two Clearwire employees, what a crock of ###. So now I have canceled the bank account & they are going to get nothing, have fun chasing me back in Uzbeckistan sh*****ads!!!

Comments

• Ho
      20th of Aug, 2007
    Cleawire - Fraud and cheating!

Several months ago I signed up with Clearwire. They were offering a $ 50.00 Visa to anyone that signed up. I still have not received the $ 50.00 Visa at approx 3 months into this lousy service. The signal goes on and off constantly. I contacted my local News Station here in Greensboro, NC www.wfmy.com Call for Action department and have been warring with Diane to help me get this $ 50.00 Visa they owe me. I continue to have poor service and today I received a message on my internet explorer when it would not connect it asked me what I wanted to do and show me the options. The last option said "Don't even try it Bi**ch"! I took a picture of that so I can send it into the NEWS 2 Station. This company clearly is not professional. When I first began my service and had problems they went into my email account and sent me messages about the $ 50.00 Visa they owed me from my own email account. I wrote them and told them they were not authorized to go into my email account as this could be considered identity theft. Has anyone else had this problem with Clearwire? I am planning on filing a complaint with the North Carolina Attorney General's Office consumer protection division about Clearwire. Is anyone else in North Carolina that wants to sign a petition with me then please contact me at seashores77@yahoo.com.

• Ho
      28th of Aug, 2007

I heard from Clearwire today. They claim they are mailing my $ 50.00 Visa to me. My guess is it will not work when I get it or it wont even come. They will keep putting me off so they can get more money out of me and say it must have gotten lost in the mail. My service is lousy and like the others who have complained it goes off and on all of the time. I have seen other people stating that they are locked into this service. Clearly you are not. All anyone has to do is file official charges with the BBB, The Attorney Generals office, and any other official agency. Send these copies of complaints along with anything that you have seen on the internet to the credit bureau to have them to remove any bad credit rating they inflict on your credit report. I had to do this with Verizon and they marked it paid. Clearwire is the one of the worst businesses I have ever seen. Rude customer service employees. My biggest concern is that I cannot even use my email accounts through Clearwire now because they are going into them and reading them. I cannot even get into them now. I believe they may be linked to identity theft operations.

• Cl
      20th of Jul, 2008

You are a complete idiot. All I can see, you saying that a major corporation with billions of dollars in capital is sneaking around and reading your emails so they can steal your identity...

really now :-

As far as the web certificate goes, if you read the terms, which judging by your completely senseless rant you obviously did not, you will see that it is emailed to you and if not claimed withing 3 months then it is voided. If you do not check your email then whose fault is that? I'm sure you'll say you did check it blah blah blah but I seriously doubt it. Mine was on time and right when they said it would be there, it was.

Clearwire has been a great company for me, they have had some down times but no more than every other ISP I know and rude customer service? Are you kidding me? Those guys bend over backwards anytime I might have to call them, truly top notch employees there.

I think you are just "one of those people" the kind that is plain out butt holes.

My advice, read a contract BEFORE you sign and whine, like most ADULTS do.

• Be
      25th of Aug, 2008

I have had two $50.00 gifts cards from Clearwire for referrals. I love Clearwire and so do the people I refferred. There are problems at times but nothing different from amy other server. I love not having cable wires strewn about my floor and I have absolutely no ads or spam. Sorry your experience was so miserable but this is a relatively new company. Give them some time to get the kinks out. I wish cable was wireless.