Clearwire / PC Card / Hidden charges

Killeen, TX, United States Review updated:
Please be aware of hidden charges!
I cancelled my service due to inability to use a wireless PC Card outside the city (they do not offer coverage in majority of Texas), and agreed to the early cancelation fee ($200).
I cancelled the service on August 6th, and I was charged for another month of service on August 7th. Now the customer service tells me that they will not refund this charge because the equipment was not received in 7 days from the date of cancellation. What I have been told at the time of cancellation is that I have 10 days to return the PC Card from the date Clearwire sends me the return label.

Just stay away from this company! Poor customer service and limited coverage areas!

Comments

Vi
  8th of Oct, 2008
unfortunately, i am going to the same exact, painful process in attempting to cancel my services with clearwire. i have attempted to cancel my services 6 TIMES!!! AND, i was told when i signed up, not to worry, not signing a contract! i signed up at one of the Best Buy stores, and yes, it is true that i didnt read the agreement. i took the sales agent's word. Big big mistake! read it, dont worry about making another customer wait. so when i tried to cancel, they generously gave me the option of passing the buck to somoene else to that i would not pay the $200.00 early cancellation fee! no thanks, if i wasnt happy with the lack of internet access, i sure as hell am not gonna ask someone else to do that. I HATE THIS ORGANIZATION. They harrass me every single time i call to cancel. they suck! i have at&t wireless service now, and so far so good. DO NOT GO WITH CLEARWIRE, YOU WILL REGRET IT BIG TIME!!!

ClearWire Logo ClearWire