Clear Water Pools / Sell 2nd hand pumps as new installation

1 United States

I signed a contract (13 Aug 2009) with Jaques and Ruan to install a spa-pool at valea +R50k. The pool was due completion- Excavation, Pool Shell, Pumps & Heater, Spa Conversion and Paving, verbaly promissed within 5 days. During installation I advised the team to re-lay paving, re-route cables and had to clean after their mess! The pump failed due to excessive sand ingress during installation. The pump was replaced with a second hand pump the next week. I mailed Jaques with a snag llist to complete the installation. It consist of Paving not layed level, rain water run into the pool, the Light was not connected and I required clearance on the pump that was removed or a warrantee given on the pump (Second Hand) that was installed. I was advised by Ruan on 3 October that they completed the Paving and the light was connected(it was now later). He reminded me that I am in breach of the contcat, I owe them still R15k. He promissed to compelete the paving on Monday 5 Oct 09 after I gave him a legal option or to complete the work they verbally agreed on. As usual its excuses, hollow promisses and just dropping of workers that do not know what they are doing! Don't do business with them.