Clear View Communications Canada / Long distance charges

1 Review updated:

After placing 2 calls on my Aliant calling card from Maine, I later received a charges on my phone bill for over $4.00 per minute.
Aliant removed the charges after we contacted them, explaining that the calls were "high jacked".
Over 1 year later we received a "second notice" from thier "collection agency" (CSC) threatening my credit rating.
If a phone call can not be put threw on a calling card, notice should have to be given AT THAT TIME and an option given to continue the call. As it stands now, they could claim to charge $100.00 per minute !!!.
There was no communication between the time Aliant removed the charge, and the letter from CSC.
Clear View are crooks.

St

Comments

• Mu
      Feb 03, 2009

We have the exact problem with Clear View and CSC. How was yours resolved? Can they really affect your credit?

• Bv
      Mar 04, 2009

I too have been ripped off by Clearview.
    I made 2 phone calls from Fort Lauderdale airport terminal using a pay phone and my Bell calling card. The calls were less than 1 minute each. I received a charge of about $18.00 on my Bell statement which I refused to pay. I called Bell and they agreed charges were excessive but they were just passing charges on. Bell agreed to remove charges and said I would have to deal with the originator directly. After about 2 years I received a statement from collection agency CSC representing Clearview Communications Corp of $39.52. I called CSC and explained that I was not paying this amount for 2 one minute calls. I asked for a bill directly from Clearview but have never received any. Now I have received a second notice from CSC shich I also refuse to pay. These guys are crooks.

• Hu
      Mar 09, 2010

yeap i've received another bill from bell canada which includes the clearview crew and they want to charge me around $100 for just 5 min .i just guess that i have been calling to the moon last month.