Clear View Communications Canada / Long distance charges

Ontario, Canada Review updated:

After placing 2 calls on my Aliant calling card from Maine, I later received a charges on my phone bill for over $4.00 per minute.
Aliant removed the charges after we contacted them, explaining that the calls were "high jacked".
Over 1 year later we received a "second notice" from thier "collection agency" (CSC) threatening my credit rating.
If a phone call can not be put threw on a calling card, notice should have to be given AT THAT TIME and an option given to continue the call. As it stands now, they could claim to charge $100.00 per minute !!!.
There was no communication between the time Aliant removed the charge, and the letter from CSC.
Clear View are crooks.
St

Comments

Mu
  3rd of Feb, 2009
We have the exact problem with Clear View and CSC. How was yours resolved? Can they really affect your credit?
Bv
  4th of Mar, 2009
I too have been ripped off by Clearview.
I made 2 phone calls from Fort Lauderdale airport terminal using a pay phone and my Bell calling card. The calls were less than 1 minute each. I received a charge of about $18.00 on my Bell statement which I refused to pay. I called Bell and they agreed charges were excessive but they were just passing charges on. Bell agreed to remove charges and said I would have to deal with the originator directly. After about 2 years I received a statement from collection agency CSC representing Clearview Communications Corp of $39.52. I called CSC and explained that I was not paying this amount for 2 one minute calls. I asked for a bill directly from Clearview but have never received any. Now I have received a second notice from CSC shich I also refuse to pay. These guys are crooks.
Hu
  9th of Mar, 2010
yeap i've received another bill from bell canada which includes the clearview crew and they want to charge me around $100 for just 5 min .i just guess that i have been calling to the moon last month.