Clear / poor customer service

1 1300 W. Sunset Road (Galleria Mall), , Henderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: (702) 425-1891

Please don't sign up for internet services at this store. The store manager Aaron is a real idiot. He charged me the wrong package price, but I couldn't see what he charged me until I got home. They do not give you a receipt in the store, they email it to you so you can't get it until you get home. When I looked at it he had signed me up for a lease, and I wanted to buy the equipment. He charged me for 2 USB ports instead of the modem and a USB port so the modem didn't work. I called tech support and they said I didn't buy the modem. He did not give me the special they were advertising, instead he gave me the regular price. I brought the equipment back and wanted to cancel. Tony at the store told me he would handle the return for me. Clear emailed him 2 call tags for the return one for each piece of equipment. Instead he put both pieces in one box and only used one call tag. I was only credited for the one piece and not for both pieces. I had to fight to get everything I was charged credited. This store employs real idiots. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Dc

Comments

• Vi
      7th of Sep, 2009
    Clear - Service does not work
    Atlanta
    Georgia
    Phone: 888-888-3113
    clear.com

Very unprofessional service. Sales person did not clearly lay out my options, only the ones that would make him the most money. I wanted month to month service with no contract as advertised, but he just looked at me like an alien. Went with a 2 year $40 per month service and paid for the modem in full. When I got home the service did not work, could only get one intermittent signal strength LED and with that it was slow as dial-up. I live two blocks from the Clear store where I bought it and I even tried it on the sidewalk in the center of the coverage area. Made an appointment to have someone come out and they could not send someone for 2 weeks. I got no call no show on the day of the appointment. So I decided to cut my losses before the 30 day evaluation period. Could not return equipment or service at the Clear store. It took 2 hours over the phone with three different people to cancel the service and return the equipment. Still waiting for the full refund promised ($115.59). I thought Clear would have saved me money, but you have just wasted my time.

24th of Oct, 2009

Exactly what I experienced. Lousy reception, sales people try to trick you into the highest plan and they don't tell you the truth. I cancelled after a week and it took me 45 minutes to do so. They hung up on me twice. I guess they figure customers will just give up. The stores where they sell it claim they have nothing to do with this product or company!! DON'T SIGN UP WITH CLEAR!!!

18th of Dec, 2009

My experience with Clear is horrible. Same issue. False UPS retun link to send back modem. Now the refund...hahaha!
    They are the worst internet service I have seen.

• Do
      17th of Nov, 2010

I purchased clear 4g for 121.90 + 50 for the first month, it didn't not worked at my home soow i returned the equipment before the 14day trial finshed, after 4 weeks of not receiving repursment i called them and they told me i was getting charded pro-rated $16 for two days.. i was on the phone with them for 1hr explain to them i only used two day from 14days trail, they would gave me the 16 dollar back... they scam CLEAR INTERNET is SUCK ..customerservice is SUCK .. don"t get clear.

• Al
      12th of Dec, 2010
    Clear

There are "service issues" almost every day and I pay for 4G service but on average it runs at 1 to 1.5...and yet every month I get a bill...

The tech folks have 1 answer for every issue...it's you computers fault or your router...never them...

• We
      21st of Jan, 2011
    Clear - Lack of Customer service product doesn't work
    Texas

In April switched to Clear from AT&T. While being happy with AT&T thinking well Clear seems to be able to offer more for the same price, why not. I will tell you don't make the same mistake we made. It has been 10 months and we are on our third Module. I have been trying to cancel since they can't fix the fact that the internet is slower then dial up! I have been on the phone over an hour and a half trying to cancel! I have spoken to five different people. When this last module was sent out I was told that I could cancel without any fees if this last one did not work. Today I call and the lady tells me no that is not the case I have to trouble shoot. I then trouble shoot. Trouble shooting did nothing to help, Surprise! The thrid lady I was then transferd to said no the fees will not be wavied. Then on hold some more disconnecter, finally a new person who claims I have to trouble shoot three times before I can have it waived. Oh but I have! She claims that isn't the case. Back and fourth back and fourth! Still getting me no where and she will not allow me to call back and trouble shoot again tomorrow to prove my point because she has notated my account to not allow it.
    Now They have hung up on me after another 30 minutes on hold! When will this nightmare be over and done with!

Are you kidding me the product DOESN"T WORK!! And I am still on hold! Never buy Clear, Clear does not work, Clear doesn't care, Clear is worthless!

• Qu
      26th of Jan, 2011

ever complaint was so true on reviewes about Clear. One thing is clear you might as well put your money in the trash if your thinkin of buying the any Clear product 4g lol more like 1g

• Dw
      7th of Feb, 2011

I recently purchased a 4G+ hotspot. The Clear people at Best Buy just plain lied about my home having 4G service and how will their unit would work. I then found I had NO 4G service at my home, and the mobile device almost never connected to 4G as I rode around town looking to see if it was a good way to connect my notebook to the internet. I never did get the 4G while riding to connect. I called to cancel 4 days after I got the unit. They only refunded me the cost of the hardware, and I'm still fighting to get the remainder of the $100 they still owe me. Every time I call their support, I always get the "more call volume than expected, your wait will be over 30 minutes." DO NOT GET CLEAR!

• On
      25th of May, 2011
    Clear - Billing & no Email
    Washington

Signed with Clearwire at a BestBuy back in 2017. Had good service until this year. In Apri they changed to Clear. All my email addresses were delete and my bill keeps going up every month. I have been on 7 chats and 6 phone calls. They say the billing is corrected but it still shows up on my online account. A page which the reps can't seem to see. So they can't do anything about. As far as the emai, I need to talk with a tech 2 to have that corrected. But I have to go through a conversation with a tech 1 to get to a tech 2 and they need to transfer me. EACH OF 7 TIME THEY DROP MY CALL AT THAT POINT!!! Frustrated does not begin to discribe how I feel. So I have no email, need to get to somone I can't get to to have it fixed. I have a bill that I can see but the company rep can't. Who do I go to for help??????

30th of May, 2011

I am currently surfing for as many customer complaints as I can find to take to my local news station and the AG. I had to do this with Directtv after a year of them owing me $187 that they wrongly took out of my account. So I am looking to get alot of complaints about Clear to get out of my terrible contract and help other people get back what is owed to them. Strength in numbers!!! I would also recommend blowing up their Twitter and FB accounts, they responded pretty quickly to me when I threw them under the bus where everyone could read. Also make sure you file with the BBB, that was one thing that the news anchor reminded me of after he got my situation resolved. And because I was vocal and on the news, Washington States AG was able to gather 500+ complaints to bring a case against Directtv. I wish you luck and please email me with your and information if you would like to be included in my mission. :)

• Tg
      25th of Jun, 2011
    Clear - Poor coverage- horrible customer service
    Fort Worth
    Texas

We moved to a new area in Fort Worth where Time Warner Cable was not an option and our 12 year relationship with TWC came to an end. I did some research about coverage and other options after hearing about Clear on the Russ Martin show. Ordered Clear when we bought our new house, specifically telling the Sales rep we used an Apple TV with Netflix and iTunes as one of our favorite means of entertainment at home. We also specifically explained the other devices and users in the house. The rep quoted plenty of statistics about the superior quality, etc. What a great call! We were excited about our decision.

Then reality set it. The modem arrived and set up was easy! Connection speed was horrible. Download speeds wouldn't even register on an Internet speed test, movies took 27 hours (yes- hours) to download only to buffer constantly.  Using the computers or mobile devices (iPad, iPod touch, etc) would time out or make any use of them frustrating at best. It was as bad as I recall from the connection speeds of the early 80's.

No problem right? We gave it a try and thought a quick call to cst service at day 34 would do the trick. I worked in the cellular industry for 8 years and know coverage can be a tricky subject. I didn't have any issue with the company at all. Would have recommended the service to someone in the right coverage area based on price, cst experience and ease of set up.

The phone call that took place early today changes all that. The customer service agent we spoke with was rude and argumentative. Obviously our service is cancelled but did that one interaction need to be so unpleasant? She was a disgrace to call center employees in general!!
    I was willing to accept that this time a long term customer/provider relationship wasn't realistic based on my needs. After that interaction I'm committed to being as vocal as possible about the terrible experience using any medium of communication I have available.

The Clear modem can be added to the box of junk I'll send to be recycled. Thanks for the terrible experience Clear!!

• Jp
      8th of Jul, 2011
    Clear - Scam
    Washington
    District of Columbia

I checked out 2 different addresses where I would need their mobile hot spot connection. When I got the product it never was able to connect. I called their tech and was told, "oh, sometimes it does not work in office buildings." That was the address I had checked. So I'm supposed to use the service on a street corner. I called for a refund and to return my device but they said since I purchased and called 32 days after I received the device I could not be refunded for anything.

• Ri
      10th of Jul, 2011
    Clear - No Service
    Clear.com
    Romeoville
    Illinois

I have had Clear since January 2017 and had no problems until the first week of June 2017. All of a suden my number of bars dropped on my modem and I kept loosing internet connection, I have had numerous phone conversations with tech service and they get it working for a day or so and it starts all over again.. This continued all theough June of this year and since the first day of Juy I have lost internet connection every day. I usually sign on to the net at 4:00 to 4:30 AM CST evry day and get on loose connection right away. For the past 5 days I go to call customer service and get Tech Service and all I get is "We know there is a problem in your area which may affect your internet connection and our technicians are working on it"

What kind of rinky dink operation am I dealing with?

• Ha
      6th of Aug, 2011
    clear.com

I cancelled my service in September 2017 but they kept charging me. After I contacted my bank and they reversed the payments, a week later they charged me again the same amount. These guys are crook, stay away from them.

• Kw
      11th of Aug, 2011

I bought a clear device in May and cancelled the account and returned it within the 30 day trial period. They have not returned my money and have charged me for two months. Now they are telling me that I am seriously delinquent and owe a termination fee and a late fee!! They said they have stopped my service, I never had service for them to stop!! Now they are threatening to send it to collections...really!! I need to have my own collection agency to go after them for not returning my refund! Can anyone out there help?

• Ta
      22nd of Sep, 2011
    Clear - Account and feed back
    dept CG 14365,Palatine,Il.60055-4365
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 888-888-3113
    clear.com

I have been dealing with Clear on a billing Issue..I sent the payment to a wrong address, The address I mailed the payment to Clears representative said the address was not affiliated with Clear but its connected.All I want Is for clear to see If they can do their part and see If they can locate the payment at their address Ii gave them Instead of passing me around ot returning calls and just hoping that I will go away, The address provided 3525 E. Post Rd.Suite 110 las vegas, nv 89120
    The represetitive said this Is not an address that we deal with Its been closed..I see here the same address so someoe Is lieing.I just ant some help with this matter.The payment was In money order form, I'm just trying to understand the payment was mailed to this address the address exist but they are saying that It doesnt so If It doesnt exist why Is It on oe of the letter heads as a contact for Clear I dont understand at all????I just want to know If they can contact the office to see what mail has been there or mailed there..Clear Is a huge company what do they do with their mail If its sent to wrong place just trash It...I know they someone can locate the payment If It was In fact mailed there..Im going to keep on till I get some answers because Its not the payment Its now the principle of the matter the way I'm being treated just passed around because someone dose'nt want to deal with this small Issue.Well Im going to email everyday until someone contact me Im a person a customer and Im being treated like a piece of raw meat, , , thank you for your time..LaTasha Childs-Tugwell 702-639-7815

• Di
      31st of Dec, 2011
    Clear - Lying to customer (me)
    Texas

Called Clear representative to discuss any existing promotions for an extra modem (I already have my desktop and laptop on Clear for a combined $55/mo.). He very clearly advised me that they no longer lease modems, so if I went to a store and purchased a wireless modem, I could add it to my account at no extra charge beyond my monthly bill. I questioned him several times about this promotion, and he repeated several times that my monthly payment would not increase, that I was eligible for an extra modem of my choice. He gave me four locations to purchase the modem nearby, one was Best Buy: I purchased the $99.99 home modem and took it home. By the time I had arrived, I had an email as confirmation for a payment of $12.90. I immediately connected the modem and discovered I could not access the internet, after following all directions, so I called customer service. The rep then told me that extra modem was $50 additional per month, and would not back off on what the previous rep had sold me on. I told him those were not the terms I had agreed to, and I would return the modem to BB immediately, and requested credit at once. He transferred me to the accounting end to get the fees cancelled, but after ten minutes on hold, the call was dropped... called back, and after the same conversation, with the same transfer, the call was dropped again. Fully three hours into this fiasco, I called againa nd got a lovely lady who agreed to immediately refund the $12.90 "in a few business days" and to cancel the contract (I had agreed to nothing). Returned the modem to BB and returned home after five hours of dicking with this. As soon as my contractual obligation is done in a few months, I am out of Clear's claws...

• Je
      5th of Jan, 2012
    Clear - Product
    Clear Wireless
    Baltimore
    Maryland

I would like to make a complaint. Clear is the worst. First the automatically deduct from someone elses credit card regardless if you only arrange to make a one time payment. The connection speeds are horribly slow. My first brandnew hotspot device(the newer model at that) completely went blank just because. Its like someone sent a signal to stop it from working i hadnt even had it for 4 months are you serious. So okay i agree to get another device mailed out for the processing fee cool until the send a refurbished device that was broken the piece where you plug the charger just fell in the device so now im responsible to pay another processing fee in i want to connect to the internet which of course you do hence what are you paying for? Clear is a getover please do your research DO NOT GET CLEAR, from experience they will be the ones getting YOU...

• Ti
      23rd of Feb, 2012
    8811 park st #45
    Bellflower
    California
    Phone: 562-274-5678

My Daughter had a Clear Modem, upon moving to the city of Compton, Ca. I paid one month of her Clear service, Dec. 5, 2017 I paid $51.53. She had problems with being able to access the internet in her new place the service kept cutting out on her. So at Christmas I paid for her to recieve internet service. It was turned on Dec. 28, 2017. In Jan. I was laid off and I went to get gas using my ATM, my card wouldn't work.I went to the bank and found Clear had taken $51.53 out of my account on Dec. 29, 2017, not even 30 days after my one time payment. I fiqured my daughter hadn't shut the service off. So I called her and told her to cut service off. She said she had already, but I let that charge slide thinking to myself, "Well I know she will call now and cut the service" Then here we are Feb. 16, 2017, My bank sends me a notice telling me I am in the RED on my account because Clear has pull $76.35 out of my account on Feb 13, 2017 and the bank is charging me $33.00 a day until I pay this account off! OI am sitting on the phone trying to get an acct. Supervisor as I write to get reversal of charges as I write, This is criminal

27th of Jun, 2012
    Clear - Deceptive Encouragement for Upgrade
    New York

For over a year I paid for a low volume plan with Clear using a USB stick for a modem. This was 4G only, but they told me I could add 3G if I needed it. During a trip in May, I realized I had really transitioned away from using my computer as my primary device on trips to using my iPad - which has no USB port. I called up customer service to consider the hot spot options the company had. In talking with the representative, I verified that I would be able to get 3G/4G service if I upgraded to their top hot spot. The representative said I had to go to a company store and helped identify one of the few around here. Once I did this, the person at the store referred me to a non-company retail store. I bought the device, came home and changed my plan over to it from the USB stick. Again, the representative confirmed that I could add 3G service onto the 4G plan whenever I wanted to. I used the device on an overnight trip and called to add the 3G service (which I need to be able to use the device in a couple of locations that I regularly go as they are outside the 4G area). Now, I am told that it is no longer offered and that it had been discontinued months before. The whole attitude is that this was my fault and I should have known it was discontinued - despite the fact that it was promised as an option from the beginning, that I was not notified of the change and on two occasions their representative had confirmed that this would be possible now. No problem - that representative said that my plan would be cancelled and they would reimburse me for the cost of the device (actually about $1 more than I had paid with taxes). Days later, their story changed and now they will pay for the device that I bought based on their representation. Yesterday, supervisory representatives finally stopped calling this an "inconvenience" but today's promised call from his supervisor did not materialize. I am out over $100 and many hours of my time and all sorts of hassle. Surprisingly, one of their representatives stated that filing a legal case was my only recourse if I did not want to sell the device (likely at a loss) (the store's return policy does not allow its return, but I really fault Clear for misleading me, defrauding me or intentionally lying) but noone I could talk to would share the address and agent for service. I am wondering how many other people have had a problem spending money based on Clear's representations only to find out that they were false. Let me know, [protected]@yahoo.com

27th of Jun, 2012

Sounds like you were caught by the same blatant lying by their representatives that I was. In my case, I got stuck with the device because of how long they waited to tell me that they would not take it back, despite what they had said. Maybe, I was fortunate to have the plan cancelled. Then again, the next billing cycle is still to come. I wonder how many of us were encouraged fraudulently to upgrade our hardware?

28th of Jun, 2012

I am still inside the 30 days of when I bought an upgraded device fro my plan, yet they are refusing to take any accountability for the fact that their representatives repeatedly promised a service that they do not even offer. Their solution is that I should sell the device that I used one evening and be happy that I can recover part of the cost. They are NOT offering to refund the cost of the device I bought at their recommendation and for which I had verified the availability of service. They initially said I would be refunded this, but they have renigged on that offer. I am beginning to get the impression that this is a common issue among Clear customers, er, former customers. There are class action against them about the way they throttle service and don't provide service, I wonder if this is also something that is similarly widespread.

28th of Jun, 2012

Sounds like you too have been left with hardware that you have paid for based on their false representations. Pity you could not get a reimbursement either. I would also agree that the customer service has been deplorable. They have lied to me, acted like I should be please to have the opportunity to sell an almost brand new device, repeatedly told this is just an "inconvenience" and never get the promised callbacks. I have found the problems to be not just with the basic level person you talk to also, but extend up their chain.

• Ei
      11th of Jul, 2012
    Clear - Coverage
    Clear.com
    New York

At best this is a ridiculous notion!
    But i thought I would give it a shot as times are tough
    Was assured several different times I was in "superior coverage zone between 3towers"
    I bought in
    Clear is CRAP
    I am in NYC the cell tower capital of the East coast and could not get service
    4G hello?
    I have an old 3G iphone that got service before their "voyager" 4g
    The "technicians" blamed it on trees in my area
    Really ??
    Third floor in nyc z
    NO TREES, , , , ,
    Total nonsense beware of refund policy and monitor refund

• Ei
      11th of Jul, 2012

Clear is crap

• En
      27th of Feb, 2013
    Clear - Unauthorized charges
    Clear Communincations
    clear.com

Attempted to use two different debit/credit cards for one time payment for a relative's internet service. Provided the company with one card number but the charge was declined. Provided them with another card to complete one time payment. Without consent or notification Clear kept two card numbers on file. They proceed to charge the orginal card number for monthly service which was not authorized. When that card was canceled due to fraud charges by them, they went on to try to charge the second card number provided for an obscene amount. Thank god the card company flagged and blocked the charge.

Morale of the story, if you provide them with your account information they will keep it without telling you and charge it without authorization whenever they see fit.

Both cards were canceled and re-issued and I hope to never deal with them again.

• Si
      1st of Apr, 2014

My bill was due on 3/31/14 and I paid it on 3/28/14. The due date is actually 4/1/14 but Clear insists that you pay it several days before due date. When I got online on 4/1/14 it had a box message of "no connection" and would not give access to internet. I had to call Clear and speak with them on the phone for almost 40 minutes while they tried to explain that because I paid the bill before the due date it is not recognized by the billing department and they have to send you an email stating that the bill is due and cannot stop this email from being sent even if you have paid the bill. Therefore every month I have to call them so they can verify the bill is paid before they allow me access to my service. I told them that I shouldn't have to verify anything since I have paid my bill and I shouldn't have to be inconvenienced by calling them and spending excess minutes while they try to find out what is wrong with my service when they already know why. When I told them to cancel my account and refund my payment Carlos the supervisor said they couldn't refund any monies. So I am stuck with them for another month although their service is very poor.