Clear Internet / Bad product and customer service

1 Orlando, FL, United States

I found about clear through a commercial around Oct 2011. At the time my wife worked from home and i had just bought my Ipad. The whole 4G service plan sounded like the best thing ever since she could use the wireless modem at home while i take my Ipad on the road using the small wireless device (apollo??). I pulled the trigger and started my trail period. Within the first 2 days we realized that the modem was not compatible with my wife's work equipment. Plus, the "4G" service was extremely horrible! I even took it to work with me to see if it would work elsewhere yet no luck. I called them withing about 4 days of my trail to cancel my account and get my money back. I spoke to a rep who refused to cancel my account even though i was still in my trail period. After several calls and insistence they finally got a manger on the phone to cancel my account. They agreed to refund me in the amount of $86.56 which i believe is how much i paid to start service. I ran over to UPS and mailed their equipment back to them in a heart beat and waited for my refund. After weeks of calling and trying to get a hold of them for my money, i still didn't get a dime. Over a couple months i called and called yet no resolution. I was told that i don't have an account with them so they couldn't help me. The battle continued and was fought long in hard! This morning i received an email which i pasted below for your viewing pleasures! Anyhow, i called them immediately after and to my surprise my name and account pass code was recognized after i pretended like i would re-instate my service. Immediately, i returned to pursuing what was owed to me. The service rep was baffled and couldn't explain himself, so i asked to be directed to a manager who insisted that they made two refunds to my credit card in Oct in the amounts of 19.41 and 19.97, which by the way i never received. I knew this because my account statements are online and were right in front of me. I didn't see any refunds or credits for the two claimed amounts. The manager claimed that the credit was a pro rated credit which i never got and was never made aware of to begin with. I was told that i would be refunded in the exact amount of $86.56! They were trying to take me for a ride i wasn't going for. I was engaged for 30 long minutes in discussion of constant denial from the "manager who by the way wouldn't give me her full name (name: Zal, ID #50173) I demanded to speak to who ever else was higher on the chains of command. She put me on hold for what seemed like eternity and returned with apologies and assurance that the decision would still stand. I tried hard and kept my composure even though my wife was in the background firing F-bombs and BBB complaint threats. I simply hung up on her in the middle of her "I hope we were of hel..." It was hell alright! I'm tired, drained, and feel like i was taken advantage of. I will do whatever it takes to stop those customer rapists of their abuse, lies, and claims! Please help!

""""CLEAR Customer,

You recently canceled your Wireless Internet service from CLEAR. We are sorry to lose you as a customer. We would like to learn what problems you had with your CLEAR service so that we can fix our mistakes. Our objective is to listen and improve our service for our customers.

We would appreciate you taking about 5 minutes to answer some questions about your experience as a CLEAR Customer.

If you think there has been a mistake please contact CLEAR Customer Care at [protected].

Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,