Clear Debt Results / Terrible customer support service!

1 251 O'Connor Ridge Road Suite 270Irving, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-352-0058

I got into credit card trouble between jobs. I was approached by a Kevin Farr from Clear Debt Results. After several phone conversations and doing some research, I decided to listen to what he could do for me. I told him all of the specifics and he said they could help me. He specifically said that they had a good working relationship with all of my creditors. I checked further and all seemed ok so I signed up.

After I signed up, I was instructed to change the mailing address on the cards in question to CDR's address and to give them power of attorney. I gave them power of attorney but I still kept my self in the mail loop. The first instruction was to stop making payments to the creditors and to not talk to them on the phone but to refer them call CDR. Also, all correspondence was faxed to CDR. Also, Kevin Farr called me and said he was no longer with CDR.

I later received letters from 3 of the 4 creditors that they would not deal with firms like CDR and would only negotiate with me. CDR was informed of this and I spoke to them. CDR said this was a common ploy and that they CDR regularly dealt with this companies and not to worry. Let them handle everything. Each of the creditors all refused to deal with CDR and filed law suits. When the summons for the law suits arrived, CDR went into hiding claiming to not be a legal rep. So far, I have one judgment against me and two pending law suits.

Being in Indiana, which to my dismay, is a creditor friendly state, I cannot do anything with the property since judgments result in automatic property liens.

Va

Comments

• Be
      25th of Mar, 2008

I, too, have been with Clear Debt Results for over 2 years and to date they have not settled one account for me, nor have they gotten any of the companies to settle for a lesser amount. I paid them over $6, 000 to help me with this debt trouble, but to date nothing has been done on my behalf. I now am expecting the Sheriff at any time to put a claim on my assets and sell them to settle one of the debts. I don't have the money to get an attorney, and am 73 years old. So, I expect to lose everything (I live in S C) and possibly my life over this misplaced trust in a company that was really clever in getting me to join up with them.

• De
      20th of Apr, 2008

My husband and I enrolled with CDR Oct. 2005 with a debit of 15, 000. I paid them 1800.00 they was on the my phone each month to make sure that the money would be in my account to withdraw. When the 1800.00 was paid I went through 4 representive and no one had a clue of my account, they also told me to change the address to them so that they can contact my creditors. It is 2008 and I'm in over 40, 000.00 in debit. I have called all my creditors and make arrangements to pay them off. I also have contacted CDR for a refund I have yet to get a response from them. I trusted CDR, and again I was taking for a ride. But I will get my money back and if anyone as me about CDR, I would tell them to do it on the our. (Denise from Maryland ) Please let me know if any one received any refund from CDR.

• Dr
      20th of May, 2008

It's unfortunate that you incurred this bad experience with the credit settlement company - but that "normally" what you get for your money...next to nothing AND ruined credit. At my company, we actually work on credit repair - NOT debt settlement (as it just ruins your credit) and you're better off paying $1000 and do a BK!!! See more info on GENUINE credit repair at

19th of Jun, 2008

I have settled Debt through Clear Debt Results!
    Why do you never see googled information on the good stuff?
    They proved to me first that they could settle my debt by showing me examples of completed settlements!

They are a savings based program and worked with me when I had problems saving. Its too bad the creditors are the ones that did this to us as they were unwilling in the beginning. These same creditors are the ones that are giving us the highest foreclosure rate since the great depression!

When you only have 5 options then you must choose one, as Bank of America topld me I had to be deliquent before they could help!

Just ask for proof before you give them a try, as it did for me and I would ask for RECENT OFFERS or PAST! The creditors are the impatient ones as its the number one FTC complaint in the nations(harrasment)

J

• To
      20th of Aug, 2008

I check into screw over CDR. They never Helpped one bit. If you called them you have to what for their call back. which is two there days to late. I have to go to court over one of my credit cards. Not one member was there to help. I ended up doing everything myself. I have settle more one my own then they ever did. I think the only thing they do is set back and collect money form people who are trying to get their lifes on track. Now I am fight to sale my house. come to find out there is a lean against it. FU very much Clear Debt for setting my backwards. All the money I spent to you could have been used in a better way.

• Li
      27th of Sep, 2008

I have been working with Clear Dept for 6 months now and
    have already settled for up to 79% on 3 accounts already.
    So what are you talking about.
    I still have a ways to go but I am on the right track thanks to them!

• Lc
      25th of Oct, 2008

Im in collections and we do call this company to give settlment offers and try to get these account cleared up before we end up sending them to our legal department. Most of the time Clear debt results answering machine is full and it is sooo hard to get a real live person on the line. When you do get them on the line and give them the offer they ask you to hold while they "try to contact the client". This one guy said hold while I contact the client and I guess he didnt push the hold button because he was just having a fun filled conversation with who ever was next to him. Then he gets back on the line 6 minutes later and said "Our client refused the offer" and hung up on me. Then I couldn't get through to anyone when I called back to speak with a supervisor.

• Ly
      2nd of Dec, 2008

I, too, signed up with CDR in hopes of reducing my debt. Yeah, they didn't do a darn thing for me except get me into legal trouble with my creditors. I've since had to file bankruptcy.

For those of you who can't get a consolidation loan: this company (or really any debt settlement scam) is not for you. Your best bet is probably to file either a Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy. It'll cost less and you get court protection from legal action against you. Companies like CDR play upon the negative stigma of bankruptcy and try to offer a bankruptcy "alternative" when in reality in most of these cases bankruptcy is the best option.

Don't fall for this scam.

• Lo
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I, too, signed up to get three bills taken care of. I paid clear debt $1, 000.00 and still had to pay 75% of my bills. It ruined my credit. The letters they sent to companies (?) did not stop them from calling 6 or 7 times a day, 7 days a week. No, I would not recommend this company. It sure is not what I thought it was. One card was going to take me to Court.

• Bs
      11th of Jan, 2009

I have been with Clear Debt since Dec 2007 - they took advange of us - I have given them $4, 200 and they instructed me to stop paying all credit card bills - which I did. Now I have had one supena and I have calls continuously. I even tried to get Clear Debt to refund my monies, as they have done nothing for me - they refused. I got a lawyer and they ignored his letters. I am trying to see how I can start a class action suit against this company - if they gave me back my money - I would be able to use it to help with at least one credit debt. It has been a nightmare and I just can't believe they are still in business. They don't help people, they steal from people when the people are down and desparate.

• Cd
      28th of Jan, 2009

Sign me up on your class-action suit. This company is a SCAM. I fell for their services not knowing that I could do the same thing they do. They collect your money and walk away from you immediately thereafter. Anyone who works for this company has no soul, and is instructed to lie to you.
    I called them freaking out after I got a call from creditors saying that I would be sued by B of A. I asked them if this was the truth, and they told me to ignore the calls, that it was all a bluff. You can guess what happened next, I got ignored, redirected to different people, and now, their phones don't work, probably out of business now.
    I can't believe companies like this can exist with no one paying the price, except the people who use the service and are lied to about what they can do for you.

• Rr
      16th of Mar, 2009

I too had CDR to settle my account for me I paid them
    over $4, 000. They have not settled a single account.
    Now the accounts that they were to help me with are calling me for money and Clear Debt Result has not even contact them about me. I have try to call them and left message etc. sent email all returned.What gives. When can I turn? can anyone help me? if so my email is gatormx007@yahoo.com. Thanks

• Na
      24th of Mar, 2009

Will one of you who have complained let me know if there is anything we can do

11th of Apr, 2009

I see Clear Debt Results really gets around. I have paid them $1, 700 so far. They have done absolutely nothing. I have beagan settling some of my accounts at 50-60% without their help. We have to do something about this. We can't let them get away with collecting our money and on top of that costing us more money! Let's al visit this board on a regular basis and see what we can do to get our money back.

• Pa
      27th of Apr, 2009

I too have had alot of troubles with CDR... I have been with them since March of 08 and they have done nothing for me. I have also called and sent e-mails. I would also like to get my money back. I have begun settling my debts on my own. My next step is to submit my gripes to the Attorney General's office and see where that gets me.
    I have also called and the number on my contract is no longer in service. Imagine that.

• Ti
      31st of May, 2009

they randomly called me today to tell me that my credit card had been deactivated because of suspected use by a 3rd party, and i should press 1 to hear further options. well thankfully that call went to my voicemail because it was a robo call at 0700am ON A SUNDAY.. so after working with VERZION WIRELESS to track the number it comes back to these con's. so i call them, no answer, call back on monday.. i left a very NASTY vm message for them advising them that i dont know who they are, nor have i ever contacted them and if they EVER called me again, i would personally show up to their doorstep with law suite papers in hand and they will be kissing my fat rear end.

also called verizon wireless and alerted them to this scam going around, and they are already aware of this company and are working with their lawyers to have them sued for calling vzw clients.

• Li
      3rd of Jun, 2009

I too have been scammed!! I am 26 yrs old, work two jobs and am finally able to take care of some bills, yet they have not returned my phone calls going on two months. They do not call me at all, I leave messages and again...no one to return the call. I am going to get all my paper work in order and file a major complaint. I too have just recently paid off one of my credit cards since I ended up giving in. My debt is not as big as most yet my credit score has been jacked up more then needed. I have been supoened from Capital One, now they are going to garnish my wages!! Sad...yet it is what it is!! I see if you had the money are were able to save upfront the $200 they said to save then yes, I can see how the creditors were paid. Yet, I was in a terrible car accident that put me in a huge bind!! So I was not able to save $200 dollars a month, they continued to say, "Don't worry about it, let us know what they send you etc." Yes, I fax them information, no returned calls!! I would really like to be informed if there will be a suit against them. It is crazy because about 2 yrs ago when I joined CDR, they ranked A/B on the BBB. Now they are an F!! I again, am going to pray and talk to all who I need to do to take care of this situation!! I have truly learned my lesson on trusting any online company!! I should have stayed in town instead of looking for other options!! The "easy" way out is usually the "wrong" way!! Okay, please inform me of anything that is to come of CDR. Thank you! lilpanarican@yahoo.cm

• Mt
      14th of Aug, 2009

My husband and I signed up with CDR 3 years ago. We had to be consistently on them or they would not have done anything for us. This meant calling them 2 times a week and sometimes more than once a day. Yes you can only leave a message and then expect days before you get a response. We were told last fall everything was paid and thought we had all our documentation. I am now dealing with a company that says they bought one of my accounts that wasn't paid. I never received a call from anyone at this company or CDR in regards to this over a 3 year period - I settled this account or so I thought in 10/06. Just got a call about 4 weeks ago from another company saying I owe on it and they bought it in 2008! I was shocked. Now I am told have to pay more than what the settlement was because in that time frame it has accumulated interest. I too changed my address to CDR as I was told, paid my monthly fee, and gave them power of attorney. I have tried to get answers from them at this point and have been passed off from person to person and told we have to get back to you and no one ever calls back. My husband and I have probably called them over 10 times in the last few weeks without any help. I am wondering now if the company was calling CDR over this time frame and they didn't respond so now it appears that I have defaulted. What a mess! My husband negotiated 2 of the cards himself while in the CDR program because they continued to call our house. Don't use them, it is a rip off.

Marianne

23rd of Aug, 2009

I signed up with CDR in October of 2009. I was only contacted after I sent them emails. $900.00 later still no negotiations, or anything from them. I put a stop payment on my account so they would not recieve any more money out of that account, then I receive an email that I need to fax them the letters that came in from collections. I made a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and have contacted them through email explaining I just want my money back or will continue to pursue the issue with them. I then recieved an email stating they were going out of buisness. We all need to find an attorney and file a classa ction suite on them.

• Cd
      2nd of Nov, 2009

I asked CDR for help with a card that I owed $800, but the company added lots of fees, agreed to take them off because they were unwarranted, but never did. I paid CDR and, like most of you, got scammed, sued, and I am now paying a court ordered $3500 on that $800 I originally owed. CDR called the card company about my account twice (over a 1yr period). At that, they only asked what was owed and did not discuss settlement. A few people here and there may do well so they can use them as references to scam more clients, but BEWARE - in my opinion and experience, they are SCAM ARTISTS!!!