cleansegold / Internet Fraud/False Advertising

1 Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:

On 8-11-09 I ordered the AcaiBerry Detox for $.99 and the Life Cleanse for $.99. Both were supposed to be 30 day free trials. On 8-25-09 my account was charged $87.13 twice for a total of $174.26. I never authorized this! I did not try either one of the products. The Detox one contained caffeine, which I cannot take. The other one I just received on 8-31-09 and realized the scam these people are running. The Detox bottle says it is distributed by FWM Laboratories in Hollywood, Fl. 33020. The Life Cleanse says it is distributed by VIV3 Ltd, Unit 5, Mill Road Industrial Estate, Linlithgow, West Lothian EH49 7QY UK. The recipt I printed says the company name is Information Tech Systems, Ltd., 4 Charlesford Avenue, Kingswood, Maidstone, Kent, United Kingdom, ME17 3PH. I googled Cleanse Gold and up popped the Complaints Board. Then I realized I had been conned. These people are real sleaze balls and they belong in jail. I would like to see criminal prosecution against them. I will support a civil action. I am going to my bank to cancel my card if necessary and I will be filing complaints with the BBB and the Attorney General.

Comments

• Lc
      21st of Aug, 2009
    Phone: 941-493-3777

Received free acai pills
    pd shipping charges
    told telemarketer no
    further charges or sales!!!
    Now they have chg.$87.00

• Ca
      24th of Aug, 2009
    cleansegold - unauthorized charge
    New Jersey
    Phone: 877-221-6231

only ordered item for .99 and now i have a charge on my bank statement for $87.13. have not received anything but the .99 item. how do i get my money back?

• Au
      1st of Sep, 2009

Their fine print is literally hidden until you click submit and send your credit card info. They offer a short free trial period and then charge your credit card before you even have a chance to complete the trial period - sometimes before you even get the product. These places are scamming consumers out of A LOT of money.

• De
      1st of Sep, 2009
    cleansegold - unordered shipment and unauthorized charges to my account
    Covington
    Georgia

This company has shipped something without authorization and charged my account without prior authorization. I have never orderd anything from this company.

9th of Sep, 2009

same thing happened with us! they say you should have requested an extended trial period. it's all in the terms and agreements that we agreed to. you had better call and cancel immediately. they charged us again AFTER we cancelled..so we were charged $86.42 TWICE. We only got back 39.95.

• Kn
      10th of Sep, 2009
    cleansegold - money
    Pennsylvania

Did not receive this product, but was charged twice . Money was taken out of my account for something I didn't want.

• Ri
      11th of Sep, 2009

Same thing happened to me costing me over $256 - I alerted the bank and reported the fraudlent charges - I am also going to provide the owners of this scam to the bank - hopefully they will be able to do more to stop it than I've been able too.

• Ka
      13th of Sep, 2009
    cleansegold - never order it,and was charged 78.53 on my card
    CLEANSEGOLD
    64974cr.384
    South Haven
    Michigan

I do not even know what this is and I was charged 78.53 on my credit card. I can not afford this what-ever it is. I need them to Cancell and removed the charge which was charged to me.

• Be
      15th of Sep, 2009

Credit card charge for product never ordered of $87.13 and $.70.

• Ms
      24th of Sep, 2009
    cleansegold - charged my account $86.42, 2times in 1 month
    Southbury
    Connecticut

I ordered a one time offer of acai berry for 99cents. then colon cleanse charged me $86.42 on 8-4-09 and 8-17-09. How do I get my money back ? I recieved no product either.