Clean Sweep / No one showed up to clean despite an appointment and confirmation of that appointment

1 AB, Canada Review updated:

DON"T HIRE the CLEAN SWEEP COMPANY!!!
These other reviews are exactly correct. We took a morning off work to let the cleaners in and no one showed up. In my previous experience, it was impossible to normally get a hold of someone at CLEAN SWEEP but the phone was forwarded to one of the cleaners who surprisingly picked up the phone. When I told her that no one had shown up for the appointment 2 hours earlier, she said that she would look into it and call back. Well, surprise, surprise no one called back and when I called again there was no answer and no machine to take messages. I don't expect to ever hear from them again.

So CLEAN SWEEP is CLEAN AWFUL!

Comments

• Go
      28th of Feb, 2011
    Clean Sweep - Old lyme, price gouger
    Clean Sweep

Called around for fireplace cleaning prices. Most company's were, for 2 fireplaces, under $300.00. Called Clean Sweep, old lyme ct. and the price is on the voicemail. Sounded like @240.00 to me, but what would I know, I am just a housewife, not a mason.

Upon arrival, the owner/cleaner mentioned to me that one fireplace wasn't that dirty, but cleaned them both anyway. OK. At the end, about an hour, I was presented with the bill- Just under $500.00. Almost had a stroke!! It was $240.00 for each fireplace!! Wow. Never any discussion on price except what you hear when you are leaving a message.

Explained my misunderstanding and was hoping for a little compassion and maybe a discount or something. Nope. Told me I was the only person who ever misunderstood his outgoing voicemail. I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay $260.00 when you can pay $500.00!!

So what do you get for the big bucks, a clean chimney!! Nothing any more special than the other guy down the road. Consumers beware, do your homework and make sure you get the TOTAL price verbally and written BEFORE the job is done.