Clayton Homes / No service policy

We purchased a home from Clayton Homes in Greensboro, NC in June of 2005. They did nothing but play cat and mouse with us and our home has never been finished to this day. I need a lawyer that will take them to court for what they have done to me and my wife.

Our "dream home" is now the "nightmare on blah blah road". I would like to turn the table and make it the "nightmare on blah blah road" FOR Clayton.

My wife has almost packed her stuff and left me because of the nightmare Clayton Homes has caused down here.

Va

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2008

Wish I would have known about this site before we bought from Clayton Homes. Our Dream Home was also a nightmare. Our home was NEVER fixed. I wrote so many letters to the head man in Tenn. They got the money so they do not care. Never again...

• Cl
      26th of Dec, 2008

This is what they want you to bow down. Call them and tell then your stopping payments and spending there payment money on a lawyer unless they finish work on your home. Also get some compensation for all the troubles you have had as well.

They don't care to take your house back because they only have 6-10 thousand dollars in building it. They can re-sale it to someone else for
    double that. They never lose any money in there homes but they will lose
    a lot of customers in time.

I don't know what you paid for your home but im sure you could have bought
    the materials and paid a contactor less than 10.000.00 to build the same home but with better materials.

They say dsreams...but offer nightmares your right. they are a big joke.
    But the joke is on us...were are getting tired of being scamed by Clayton.
    So don't feel bad you are not the only one. Maybe the recent fall in usa will shut them down.

I have noticed also they are building banks now...first they rip us off of high finance chages...and now they want to control our money...get real clayton.

People lets rise against this crap...

• Cl
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Sounds like this ex service man is a little disgruntled. I bet your departure from Clayton was not of your own choosing. If you can go to Lowe's and buy enough material to build a 32x76 house for less than 10, 000, then you could probably find a job as President of any procurment department. I don't know why it's such a shock to you people that a $25, 000-35, 000 home is built with cheaper material. Do you think a Pinto has the same material as a Lexus?

• Co
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Dear Clayton Home Owner, in rebuttal to your comment, the ex service man never said he/she could go to Lowes and get the material but he is correct. What Clayton Homes showes you and what you get are two different animals. Nor did he/she disclose the price. REGARDLESS of cost, one expects at the very least, to purchase a home. With that said, I too bought a Clayton Home. I was aware that I was not purchasing a mansion. My circumstances were such that I wanted something I could move at a later date if I so chose. What I do expect in a home is that it should last for at least the life of the mortgage. As it stands, the mold in the walls of my less than 5 year old home will probably begin to breach within the next two years. I have TWO insurance policies on this home and big surprise, both claims have been denied. I have NEVER been late with a payment. The dealership stopped returning our phone calls 6 mos. after we purchased the home. As it stands now, in my "Golden Years" I will be able to sit in my living room and look out into my yard-THROUGH THE DAMNED WALL!

My questions to you are (1) do you run one of those scamming dealerships? (2) Or are you a relative of someone that works for those scammers? (3) If no to these two questions, could you please give me the number of a reputable Clayton dealership because I would actually like to see if one really exsists.

• Sh
      23rd of Aug, 2009

CLAYTON HAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH MOLD. WE HAVE IT IN OUR HOME ALSO. I AM GOING TO FIGHT THEM TOOTH AND NAIL TO THE BITTER END. DO NOT GIVE UP. THE MOLD IS DANGEROUS. WE HAD A MOLD INSPECTOR COME TO OUR HOME. AIR QUALITY SAMPLES CONTAINED SEVERAL TYPES OF MOLD. IF I FIND A LAWYER WILLING TO FIGHT FOR THIS, I WILL POST. DON'T GIVE UP, MOLD IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND CAN CAUSE SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS.

16th of Jun, 2010

They are thiefs and they need to be stooped.I went to yard sale and bought computer and it was 1 of theres.I am having some 1 to drain out the hard drive that means I will have a lot on the.I have e-mails from ther main ompay codes.If you need them please let me know I will help.I am going to start holding signs up where they do there saling and warn people.Sitting on your but will not do any thing.Please help

16th of Jun, 2010

Hate playing games and they will try to put you off till warranty is up

16th of Jun, 2010

I have mold to .I have had sinus bad and have to go to doctors.We need to get signs out to people before they be come 1 of us