Classmates.com / unauthorized auto renewal
Classmates auto renewed my account prior to the end of membership. I called to tell them no, I am not interested in continuing my membership and please refund my money (Yes, I had gone in before calling them to change my renewal to "manual" and remove my cc information).
Classmates basically tole me tough - we will be glad to cancel your account in 2011!!
I then got in touch with my bank to explain what had happened and to dispute the charge - "auto renewal prior to the end of the current membership - membership cancellation request denied - refund denied" and was pretty much told the same thing - tough! Jp morgan chase must be in cahoots with classmates - they told me that I am "under contract" with them - regardless of whether or not I wanted to continue the membership! All of this happened while the charge was still pending in my account!!!
Beware! My only recourse now is reporting them to the bbb and i'm out the $39.00...
More Classmates.com Complaints & Reviews
- Classmates / Memory Lane - Unauthorized membership billing 
- Classmates.com - renewal fees deduction automatic without approval 
- Classmates.com - personals on home page
- Classmates - unauthorized billing 
- Classmates.com - billing 
- Classmates.com - unauthorized credit card charges
- Classmates - unable to cancel 
- Classmates.com - charges for membership 
- Classmates.com - unauthorized charge of 39.00 dollars charged to my account out of nowhere 
- Classmates Inc - they stole and continued to take money from us