Classmates.com / unauthorized auto renewal

Classmates auto renewed my account prior to the end of membership. I called to tell them no, I am not interested in continuing my membership and please refund my money (Yes, I had gone in before calling them to change my renewal to "manual" and remove my cc information).
Classmates basically tole me tough - we will be glad to cancel your account in 2011!!
I then got in touch with my bank to explain what had happened and to dispute the charge - "auto renewal prior to the end of the current membership - membership cancellation request denied - refund denied" and was pretty much told the same thing - tough! Jp morgan chase must be in cahoots with classmates - they told me that I am "under contract" with them - regardless of whether or not I wanted to continue the membership! All of this happened while the charge was still pending in my account!!!
Beware! My only recourse now is reporting them to the bbb and i'm out the $39.00...

Comments

• Be
      25th of May, 2011

In the past I have renewed my classmates account twice...last time was july 2010 using their seldom seen $9.95 per year deal (this offer will pop up when you go thru the renewal process but then decide to not finalize...log off and up pops the $9.95 per year offer)...i exercised it using a credit card I knew would expire well before the next classmates renewal date.