Classmates.com / scam charges

Classmates.com automatically charged my credit card without my authorization for membership fees, then refused to refund the money after I'd alerted them to the mistake. They had changed the Terms of Service (which is a contract) since my initial membership to an automatic charge of my card at the end of my membership and told me they could change their TOS anytime they wanted. Classmates.com refused to cancel my membership unless I logged into the site and requested the cancellation online. THEN they informed me that by logging on, I had agreed to the new Terms of Service and had forfeited my membership fee by doing so!!! I complained to the company via snail mail, email and phone calls without success. I had to resolve the issue via my credit card company by disputing the charge and providing copies of my complaints to Classmates.com. The credit card company refunded my money. My next step would've been the Better Business Bureau. READ THE TOS OF ALL ONLINE SERVICES PRIOR TO LOGGING IN EACH TIME! Companies can (and do) change them often and without notice to you!

Da

Comments

• Co
      1st of May, 2009

"Classmates.com automatically charged my credit card without my authorization for membership fees"

You gave it to them, what did you expect?

• Ti
      22nd of May, 2009

You must be a natural born idiot. Why would you give them your card and expect not to be charged.