Classmates - Memory Lane / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:

A charge for $38.00 from Classmates-Memory Lane appeared on my credit card. They did not get the number from us because it was just issued. Now the bank is wanting to close that card down because of this unauthorized charge and that is a headache to us. Can't find a point of contact for them - number address or anything. I see that there is a lot if complaints just like this one something needs to be done to stops them.. If you can give any assistance with this it would be greatly appreciated

Ka
Feb 18, 2014

Comments

26th of Apr, 2011

RECEIVED A $39 CHARGE ON MY DEBIT CARD. I CALLED AND ASK TO CANCEL, BUT WAS TOLD I HAD SIGNED UP A YEAR AGO TO RENEW AND THAT THIS CANNOT BE CANCELLED AND NO WAY TO GET A REFUND. I DON'T USE THIS SERVICE AND DON'T WANT TO USE IT. PLEASE SEE IF I CAN GET THIS REFUNDED TO ME.
    JOYCE NEWTON [protected]@AOL.COM

Janice Price
    4020 Ajinomoto Dr.
    Clayton
    Phone: (919) 550-9383

I authorized purchase of 1 mo. look at 1966 Garner annual at a cost of $3.95 on the classmates weblink. On May 13, there was a charge of $6.95 to the above mentioned
    for services that I did not agree to or sign for. Therefore, I am requesting a refund of the $6.95 charge.

• Ps
      23rd of May, 2011
    Classmates-memory Lane - canceled subscription
    CLASSMATES-MEMORY LANE

I canceled the subscription to this company months ago, yet they keep trying to bill me. I used Paypal, originally, and canceled the automatic payment choice. I keep getting notifications that my Paypal charge didn't go through to this company. No kidding? They need to quit trying to run my payment info.

• Su
      27th of May, 2011

I too just checked my credit card statement to see that I was charged $39 from a company I have not authorized to bill my account. I signed up originally for a one year subscripton to Classmates.com and had no intention of renewing since I found the site of no use. The original fee was $19.95 and made no mention of auto renewal. I have tried to call the number on my statement and was met with a recording of no longer in use. I have disputed this charge. This company is a scam and needs to be shut down immediately.

31st of May, 2011

posting and billing of $15.00to my visa card unautorized dated5/9/11

• Mo
      31st of May, 2011

e-mail them. Take copies of their refusals to reverse charges
    and send them to your senators, congressmen, credit card
    company, attorney general and any consumer organizations
    you can think of making note of the fact that it was done without right of refusal after they changed the website.

I did it and the charges were partially reversed by them, and
    the rest by my credit card company.

19th of Jun, 2011

billed $15.00 for purchase that was not asked for notified by the bank.

• Ca
      22nd of Jun, 2011
    Classmates-memory Lane - unauthorised billing

I remember these people, I had a heck of a time getting rid of them in the first place, and that was a few years ago. Now, suddenly out of no where, they are billing me again. I did not ask for this, I did not authorize it, I am not recieving any product or service from them, they are simply taking my money.

• Ju
      25th of Jun, 2011

Charge on credit card without authorization or notice

• Mf
      25th of Jun, 2011

Same happened to me. Facebook works better.

• Di
      1st of Jul, 2011
    Classmates-memory Lane - Unauthorized Bill
    California

I just paid my credit card bill then I noticed I paid a bill for $39.00 that I didn't authorize.

• Rh

2010 Steele St #101
    La Crosse
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 6087843887

They renewed my charge on my credit card w/out my approval. I want it removed. How do I get in touch with them and get this off my card? Thanking you in this matter [protected]@yahoo.com 6087843887

• Ep
      8th of Aug, 2011

this happened to me also. who do i call to get it taken off

• Li
      8th of Aug, 2011

Unauthorized credit charge of $39.00 to my account.

• He
      19th of Aug, 2011
    Classmates-memory Lane - billing without authorization
    Classmates-Memory Lane

I recently recieved an e-mail telling me my account had overdrawn by paying for this Classmates-Memory Lane which I did not authorize and do not know even who they are!!!

• El
      2nd of Sep, 2011
    Classmates-memory Lane - unauthorized billing
    classsmates-memory lane
    Seattle
    Washington

I have just received a bill from Classsmates-memory lane for $39.60.
    I did not authorized this and would very much appreciate a refund.
    I cancelled the authorization a year ago and do not want to continue
    my subscription.
    Else Walter ( nee-Mueller)

• Ok
      23rd of Sep, 2011

I have a $15.00 charge on my CC that I DID NOT authorize!

• De
      3rd of Nov, 2011

I signed up for a $9.95. I did not want a renewal or what ever this $39.00 charge is. This website is worthless and of absolutely no use. I want my account reimbursed as soon as possible. SCAM, SCAM when you go into the site to cancel your membership it runs you in circle. If you enter your email or registration number it tells you they don't have enough info to log you. Then you are sent to another site which you can't sign into either. My next call is my credit card company. I am so upset as this moment I had to do this first.

• Pe
      14th of Nov, 2011
    Classmates-memory Lane - unauthorized charge
    Tippett Land & Cattle Co., Inc.
    1725 Yucca Court
    Fort Collins

Please suspend any account i have...

ATM CLASSMATES-MEMORY LANE 206-301-5900 WA ON 110930##8895

• Fr
      26th of Jun, 2012
    Classmates-memory Lane - Unauthorized charge to account
    Memory Lane
    Seguin
    Texas

Classmates-Memory Lane posted an unauthorized charge on my account. I was never contacted or nor did I contact them to give them permission to charge my credit card. It was posted on 05/24/2012. Do I call them to credit my account back or contact the Texas Attorney Generals Office to complain?

22nd of Oct, 2012
    Classmates-memory Lane - bogus billing on my credit card
    CLASSMATES-MEMORY LANE
    Washington
    Phone: 206-301-5900

I RECENTLY RECEIVED MY CREDIT CARD BILL AND THERE IS A CHARGE FOR $15.00 FROM CLASSMATES-MEMORY LANE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS CHARGE COULD BE FOR AND NEVER RECEIVED ANY CORRESPONDENCE ADVISING ME ABOUT THE CHARGE. I DO BELONG TO CLASSMATES BUT I HONESTLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS CHARGE IS FOR. i WOULD LIKE AN EXPLANATION OF THE CHARGE AND THE CHARGE TO BE TAKEN OFF MY CARD.
    JOYCE MAXIE

• Vi
      23rd of Apr, 2013

Unauthorized billing for subscription.

• Ca
      3rd of Jun, 2013
    Classmates-memory Lane - Unauthorized membership renewal
    10339 Suez Dr.
    El Paso
    Texas
    Phone: 915-598-9159

This company has debited my credit card for an unauthorized membership renewal. I would loke a refund.