Classmatesunauthorized billing

I signed up for a free 7 day trial with Classmates.com and then canceled the subscription to Classmates. In April, when I received my credit card statement there was a charges from ap9*athomerewards+-v for $19.95 not once, but twice. All the information that was on my credit card statement was a [protected] CT no physical address was listed. I should have closed out my credit card account the first time. Now, I am disputing the charges.

The only site I signed up with this credit I have was with Classmates.com.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Bend, OR They basically shared my information with ap9*athomerewards+-v to sign up for a membership with this company. Charges I did not authorize. I am disputing these charges but Classmates cannot get away with this unethical and illegal business practices.

If any one else has problems with Classmates I am looking in being a part of a class action lawsuit against Classmates.com. Here is the website so one can state your experience http://www.abingtonip.com/class.html. I was contacted within a few days of my submission.

I have taken off my account with Classmates and will spread the word about their business practices.

Comments

• Pa
      Oct 06, 2008

i canceled my account from them they are still takeing money from my account.

Nov 09, 2008

cannot or will not let log on to website

• Se
      Dec 01, 2008

i signed up for classmates for the 3 months for $15. They charged my debit card $39.99. I think this is a fraud and mis representative adv. on their web site. I changed the number on my debit card so they cannot take anymore charges out of it, but sure am upset with wasting $40 on this as I am on a fixed income and that is a big amount to me...

• Ji
      Dec 02, 2008

Sorry you had a problem with classmates. I have been a customer for years. Try to go to the top of the company here: http://www.classmatesmedia.com/company/management.jsp#Steven

Good luck and any problems post me. I too am on limited income and this is a lot of money to spend and not get anything.

• Ji
      Dec 02, 2008

I cannot understand this. If you Google Classmates.com,
    you will be taken right to the web page. Try it again.

Jun 17, 2009

Classmates has illegally charged my Visa account 60.00 for a 2 year membership that says it will be automatically billed agin every 2 years. I never gace them my Card nor Submitted all my info. to them. I have talked to Visa and will hopefully have their charges cancelled by this Friday, June 19th, 09. This is ridiculous and crooked as hell. ------------------------roger purcell DeLand, Fl.

Jul 09, 2009

I let my wife use my debit card a year ago to get a couple month subscription for $15 and then canceled the account. I just got charged today $40 for this account even though it has been canceled for a year and tried to call the customer support number and is "convienently" under repair. This is the most crooked website I have ever had to deal with. I will be sure to contact the better business bureau on this 1.

• Te

Bend
    Oregon
    Phone: [protected]
    ClassMates.com

They have been taking money from my account. I did not authorized this action at all.

• Tr
      Sep 16, 2009

Classmates has illegally charged my account. I did not authorized them to take money from my account. I tried the http://www.abingtonip.com/class.html to try to stop them. However the web site didn't come up. This is about the class action suite. This company needs to be stopped.
    Trudy- Huntington, WV

• Ca
      Sep 26, 2009

I signed up for a 7 day free access, and was billed twice upon terminating the service prior to the seven days, I am very upset due to the inconvienance to my account. I am seeking a full refund

• Di
      Dec 19, 2009

I did a free trial thing just to see how it worked and to see if I WOULD LIKE IT I DID NOT GIVE MY AUTHORIZATION TO CONTINUE AND GOT CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT IT, WHEN I WENT TO USE MY CARD AND COULD NOT USE IT THAT WAS EMBARASING WENT TO CHECK MY CARD AND THATS WHEN I SAW CLASSMATES .COM HAD CHARGED MY ACCOUNT I WANT MY MONEY BACK I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THAT WEB SITE ANYWAY EVERY TIME I GO TO LOGIN IT TELLS ME I HAVE THE WRONG E-MAIL ADDRESS OR PASSWORD AND I KNOW I AM PUTING IN THE RIGHT ONE ITS BEEN THE SAME E-MAIL FOR A WHILE I KNOW I'M RIGHT SO I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• Je
      Feb 11, 2010

I just found out re my credit card statement that I had been billed!!! There was no mention of that when it all started. To boot, never found anyone either. It's just a scam. They owe me $42.38 U.S. I will never have anything to do with them again and will advise others too. I don't think there is an honest company in the U.S. Jean Christianson

• Le
      Feb 15, 2010

I agree with these attrocities... I have also been a victim of classmates and find it hard to believe that these companies are able to get away with it.. Just be really careful of who gets your credit card info!!! Wish there was a way to stop it!

• Pe
      Apr 26, 2010

wow... and i thought i was the only one being falsely charged on my credit card!!! this is ridiculous... i canceled my classmates gold over 3 yrs. ago and i am still being charged... this is after i called and complained to them and they were suppose to cancel this like 2 yrs. ago...

now when i call i get all these prompts telling me to go online and cancel or something... yeah right, i am going to go on line and give my credit card number out to who knows who... i can't get it canceled over the phone and they want me to go into cyberspace... don't think so...

i have complained to my credit card company, complained several yrs. in a row to classmates.com and now i am stuck between a rock and hard place...

please advise... Perye

May 17, 2010

I did a year for $10.00 and have now been charged 39.99 without my permission or authorization. I want to be contacted or have it taken off my debit card immediately. I will be contacting the better business bureau. After looking at all the complaints, this seems to be a common problem. If you want to continue your business, you need to change your fraud tactics. I would like a immediate reply that this will be takaen care of. My e-mail address is gailstevens 50 @yahoo.com

Sep 03, 2010

classmate.com has renewed my membership without my consent which has caused me overdraft fees

Sep 03, 2010

classmate has automatically renewed my account without my consent which has caused me overdraft fees

• Ge
      Nov 11, 2010

i never okay for another subscribe i didn't want it to renew. yet you charged me 62.00 for .i want my money back or at least connect me to home of classmates.com

• Nb
      Nov 25, 2010

I recieved my visa bill today and I have been charged 40.25 in US dollars. I had signed up 2 0r 3 years ago for 5.95 whatever the basic was. I have not been active on that account for 18months, I did not give anyone the authority to charge my visa card for renewal. I am going to contact VISA and see what can be done. I am disappointed that I have not been given the chance to authorize my renewal. I know this is a US based company and hopefully they will refund the money to us Canadians. I feel totally violated..

Jan 07, 2011

There is no way to cancel these crooks...they charged an old credit card.

• Wa
      Oct 15, 2013

I cancelled my Classmates Gold Membership at least a year ago, but keep getting charged on my Master Card every year? How can I stop this unnecessary billing to my account? I want to know soonest how this can be accomplished.
    Wayne M.

• Ju
      May 26, 2014

I joined Classmates, years ago, and cancelled after one year. I have not been billed, nor had full access for many years, when suddenly, a charge appears on an account that I had never given them. I am concerned about where they got my information and that they refuse to do anything about it. The email I received from them, today, says they will not do anything to refund the charge, and will not cancel my account until the expiration, which in one year. This is FRAUD. I will do everything I can to get this resolved.

• Wa
      May 27, 2014

I too have been stung by this makeshift outfit. I cancelled my subscription two years ago, but they still keep charging my MC each fall? I have changed my MC, so will wait and see what they do now. Mine was $19.95 each year and I never received anything worthwhile. No such thing as a yearly book from my school in Toronto and I know there is one every year? Bad company and should not be in business!

Wayne Moore
    Ottawa, ON

• Sh
      Nov 30, 2015

5 years ago I got an email from "Classmates" saying that there were old classmates wanting to contact me. I went to their site and signed on for the "TRIAL PACKAGE" ... I went to their site, and a gal who was friends with my cousin, and I attended the same school as she did after redistricting. She had left me a note saying hi, and referred to something that happened a long time ago, and obviously she remembers something, but I don't. The site is cheesy, with archaic graphics, obviously someone isn't putting much effort into something that could be beneficial if they were intelligent enough, or if they had INTEGRITY and were trying to provide a service. Obviously that is NOT the case, as I went to my bank, who called Classmates, and we both spoke to a guy who I'd love to meet in a very dark alley. He laughingly admitted that I had cancelled, years earlier, then again months earlier, and he said "it doesn't matter, we bill as long as we have your account number, if you don't catch it, that's your fault for not keeping better track of your finances"... My banker talked with him and the bank said they would deny their access to my account. After a couple of months they charged me again. It's time to put these hucksters in jail, with a little dab of butter! Shawn Dowdy Mt

• Re
      Feb 25, 2016

They refuse to stop (M y account) .I think it's a scam. Thanks for what ever you can do.

• St
      Feb 25, 2016

I recently found a charge of $ 15.00 on my credit card statement, and after repeated calls to classmates representative where they replied that the refund was processed and payed, and stateing that the problem was with my credit card company. I had called my credit union representative and explained what was going on, and was told that they had no information of a refund from classmates being paid to my credit card.

• Re
      Feb 29, 2016

This "SERVICE" was supposed to be a one time good deal "peek" at my Classmates, and supposedly who had tried to contact me. I've called and cancelled, my bank called on my behalf and they reimbursed me a couple of months worth, then every couple of months they hit my account again. What we need is an Attorney from Bend Oregon to file a Class action suit against these fraudsters. Who all is with me?

Mar 31, 2016

I did not authorize a payment of 39.00 to Classmates. Furthermore, I have asked on several occasions to be taken off the list. I do not use this site and never will. Please refund my 39.00 to my paypal account.
    Robert Burlison

Jul 16, 2017

I have tried for SEVERAL WEEKS to UPGRADE my membership and TWO DEBIT CARDS WERE TURNED DOWN. I tried accountnow VISA DEBIT (898)[04/19] [protected] and
    netSpend Visa DEBIT [protected]
    No reason was given for the cards being turned down.

Aug 21, 2018
    Classmates.com - charge

I didn't authorize the charge of $15.00 on my credit card, please refund same
    Robert

• Kc
      Nov 12, 2018
    Classmates.com - Auto renewal chg
    Classmates.com

I responded to a promotion for a 1yr membership in this company. Buried in the fine print., said they would do auto renewal charging $48. As soon as I saw the charge I immediately contacted them. No refunds because they know they have a lousy product. I will enjoy telling any and everyone what a scam they run!!!

Nov 14, 2018
    Classmates.com - Unauthorized debit

Never agreed to any services. Please remit all debits.

• Co
      Sep 15, 2019

Classmates must be put out of business! They are running a scam. I know because they charged my credit card for $39, claiming that I asked them to renew a trial membership. Paypal was no help at all (no surprise there) so I wrote to my state attorney general's office, which got Classmates to refund my money despite Classmates' claim to the contrary.

• Io
      Sep 16, 2019

@Con Tranor Hi Con,

This is IObit Support Team.

Please contact us via [protected]@iobit.com tp let us know your payment statement and email address, so we can locate your order and further help.

We will reply your email in 24 hours.

Thank you for your time.