Classics In Stock.Com / Fraudulent representation, unable to collect refund

1 FL, United States
Phone: 561-491-6561

This company's website advertises in stock items that ship out immediately. When you place an online order, the buyer is not informed at the time if an item is out of stock. I ordered four white barcelona chairs on February 9th. My order went through as did my credit card information. Several days later I was informed by e-mail that the chairs were out of stock and were expected mid-April. I called customer service and was told that someone would call or e-mail me within 48 hours. In the meantime I used the company's online system to cancel the order and it went through successfully. On February 18th I received another e-mail stating they could substitute ivory chairs for the white ones I ordered and how did I want to proceed. I called again; and was told once more that customer service would contact me in 48 hours. Was this an answering service? I sent an e-mail requesting a confirmation of my canceled order and assurance that my credit card would not be charged. I never received a call or an e-mail. My credit card was charged the full amount of $2, 396 on the original order date of February 9th. I have never received a credit, a phone call or and e-mail confirming my order cancellation. I finally went to Chase bank who holds my visa card and they have refunded the full amount to me and will be collecting from Classics in Stock.Com on my behalf. Thank you Chase Visa! I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well.