ClassicmediaDVD.com / Another website fraudulently selling TV Series

1 Victoria, AU Review updated:

DO NOT BUY DVDS FROM THIS WEBSITE!!!
This is a cloned site basically the same as many others complained about on this site. To read about complaints, search on this site for tvshowmonster.com; tvdvdmania.com; tvdvdboxsets.com.
I wonder what the next website domain name will be ??? - maybe classicdvdseries.com.
If you get scammed make sure you contact as many organisations as you can, that may be able to put the heat on these crooks, and maybe, just maybe they will be caught.

Comments

• ClassicmediaDVD.com - Quality & Return Issues
    Florida

1. Company sells DVDs of unacceptable quality, some of the product is unable to be either viewed or so garbled as to not be heard.

2. The DVDs appear to be mostly pirated from TV.

3. Their website claims that you can return your purchase within either 30 days of purchase or 15 days of receipt of product and receive a full refund. They guarantee 100% satisfaction or a full refund.

4. What they forget to tell you is that they never return any e-mail to their "contact us" site. I have e-mailed them every day for 5 days since receiving product with no response (they claim all e-mails will be answered within 24-48 hours)

• Xb
      Sep 02, 2009
    ClassicmediaDVD.com - dvd fraud
    golden dvd
    Syracuse
    New York
    classicmediadvd.com

I bought dvd's from classicmediadvd.com. The dvd's are so bad, you can't even watch them! The logo from the Nickelodeon channel pops up on the screen every once in a while, and not only were they bootlegged off t.v., they were put on vhs tape before being transferred again to disc. There is obvious defects related to tracking error only seen on vhs tapes: picture moving up and down with white lines at bottom of screen. These dvd's were described as "brand new" and "excellent condition" on their website. If you get scammed by these people, report them to the FBI and Interpol (International Police) since they operate out of Canada and China. Contact everybody who has a complaint form (the FTC, the US Post Office, your credit card co.) and report them. If enough people do it, we can shut them down or get them to pay fines for illegal bootlegging.

• Xb
      Sep 02, 2009

They will never take the dvd's back because they are sent from China and the home-base boiler-room scam operation works out of Canada, just like real organized internet crime. The US now has a reciprocal agreement with other countries like Canada and China, which means that both our countries agree to share information with each other to police and arrest these crimes in each of our own respective countries. The loopholes are closing up for these scammers, but the only way to make it happen is to keep filing complaints! Don't forget: tell the FBI, Interpol, US Post Office and your credit card company (they have a fraud investigation department too).

• Co
      Sep 03, 2009

THIS IS IN REGARD TO MY DVD ORDER "CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU", WHICH I RECENTLY RECEIVED. THE DVD'S ARE ADVERTISED ON YOUR WEBSITE AS "BRAND NEW" AND "EXCELLENT CONDITION". THIS IS FRAUD!! NOT ONLY IS THE QUALITY TERRIBLE, BUT THE BOX SET IS LISTED AS HAVING 60 EPISODES ON 10 DISCS. 3 OF THE DISCS ARE DUPLICATES OF PROGRAMS FROM THE OTHER DISCS!! THERE ARE NO 60 EPISODES! I HAVE DISPUTED THE CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD. I REFUSE TO PAY FOR THIS. YOU MUST ALLOW ME TO RETURN THE MERCHANDISE. THE LOGO FROM THE NICKELODEON T.V. CHANNEL APPEARS ON THE SHOWS. THESE SHOWS WERE TAPED OFF T.V. AND COPIED ON VHS TAPES, AND THEN TRANSFERRED TO DISCS. YOU HAVE COMITTED PIRACY AND FRAUD.

• Jl
    ClassicmediaDVD.com - Fraud copies of DVD
    ClassicMediaDVD.com
    Madison
    Wisconsin
    Classicmediadvd.com

I ordered Dynasty the complete series from ClassicMediaDVD.com - I received a horrible copy of it - that was taped off of TV on to VHS tapes and then transferred to home made DVD's. Is there anything I can do to get my money back from these people? I e-mailed them - but I have read that they do not resopond to these types of e-mails - is it possible to get my creditcard company to reverse the charges and if they do can this company come after me for payment?

• Jc
      Sep 11, 2009

This company is a fraud! I placed my order without checking first. My mistake! Be Aware. Once they have your order, and you want to cancel it, they won't respond your email no matter how many you send to them. Just go ahead call your credit card bank and put a dispute for the charge.
    I did not receive my product at all. However, I did receive a package from China, which was sent via INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS MAIL, without the sender's street address, only the city name and China. The content of the package listed Gift. I did not open it and told the Post Office staff to send it back to where it came from because I did not know a single soul in China, nor did I expect any gift from there.
    Just Be Aware! If the website does not list a mailing address and phone number, AVOID IT!

• Jc
      Sep 11, 2009

I am in the similar situation. I found out my credit card was charged a foreign transaction fee in addition to the order charge, so I talked with the bank representative and placed a dispute for the charge by that DVD company. Later I just closed that account to prevent any future illegal use. I believe the company (the Fraud) won't ask you to pay if they can not get money from the Credit Card.
    Until today (15 days after I placed my order) I have not receive my DVD.
    Be Aware! If there is no mailing address or phone number on their website, AVOID IT!!!

• Ro
      Sep 17, 2009

Address on my parcel was
    NO. 101 FENGXI MINGBANG GARDEN FENGXI, CHAOZHOU GUANGDONG CHINA

the senders name is Chen

declared value (for $49.95 DVD set = $57. AU ) is hard to read,
    maybe, in Yaun, 97 = $16 AU or 47 = $7.90 AU

Postage charge was $160 Yaun = $26.91 AU

When I saw 12 Disks is paper sleeves I knew I had been done over
    The first 20 minutes play then garbled and total failure on 3 disks so far
    These disks are burnt and DVD software like "DVD Flick" is used to write - I can tell from the menu layout.
    My suspicion is that each disk is burnt too fast, I have not tried on my PC yet, but now having read the negatives about these people a virus may well be concealed in the VOB

• Jv
      Nov 01, 2009

I don't know about others experiences, but so far I have had a good experience with ClassicMediaDvd. I ordered Babylon 5 and received 33 disks. Remember when these shows were on TV and you will understand what I mean when I say that the quality is comparable to the quality of TV at that time. One disk had a problem. I looked as if it might be slightly warped so that the menu did not work and when the episode was played, it jumped in places.
    When I sent an email describing the problem, I recieved a reply which was very helpful in telling me what to do. I supplied a description of what disk had the problem (only 1 out of 33 disks).
    I have a tracking number for the replacement disk and it is on its way. I look forward to getting it and completing my set. Thank you very much, ClassicMediaDVD.

Jill P H. Pittsburgh, Pa.

Dec 21, 2009

I ordered the 3 complete seasons of Thirtysomething, the complete 4 seasons of 'Sisters', and the 2 complete seasons of the Paperchase. All are in black & white with a grainy picture. I am unable to get into their website as I wish to return them all for a refund, which is close to $185.oo. So, I have been "taken for a ride" and am out that amounty of money. Nice, very nice.

• Ph
      Jan 22, 2010

i am the same placed an order for the everwood boxed set, keeping the cost down just in case of problems,

they took money from my credit card and then shipped the item to another address getting a digit wrong on my package which only became known on a latter email from them regards an account. after weeks of unanswered emails to them i tracked the parcel and found the discs sent were in a terrible state.

i was able to watch 2 discs out of the 23 disc set with no problems the others where very badly scratched to make them unwatchable yet still placed in protective wallets the mind boggles

my isp confirm the classicmediadvd .com domain isnt in use and i haver tracked the same website under the following tvdvdmania.com which suprisingly is the same website just renamed to scam other unfortunates. BUYER BEWARE DONT BE FOOLED

i have complained to the new website and await a response will keep you posted of any positive developments

• Ph
      Jan 22, 2010

same outfit same website now under domain of tvdvdmania.com buyer beware

• Su
      Mar 29, 2010

I whole heartedly agree with all the negative comments. I ordered a "JAG" dvd set and received 2 volume 2's that were marked volume 1 on the back of each. I have sent numerous emails and am thanked by Lisa Pennington for my emails but have not been provided with return information. When I first found out from the tracking number that these were coming from China, I sent an email to Lisa indicating that I would probably be returning them and she assured me that if I did wish to return them I would be provided with the return information. I just completed a claim with my bank disputing the charges.

• Va
      Nov 02, 2010
    ClassicMediaDVD.com - The viewing quality of ALL DVDs is appalling
    Classicmediadvd.com
    classicmediadvd.com

I ordered a number of DVD sets of TV shows from Classic Media DVD and they were all of appalling quality - totally unviewable! I am still struggling to get a refund (which I doubt I will ever receive). This is NOT a professional company. The viewing quality of ALL DVDs is appalling!! Be warned!!