ClassicCloseouts.com / Unauthorized billing

1 110 W. Graham AvenueHempstead, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-4226397

I made a purchase for $25 in November of 2007 from this website, and in July and August of this year, I have two fraudulent charges for $69.99 and $79.99 respectively. I logged into my Classiccloseouts account which stated I did indeed make only one purchase in November of 2007. They have not responded to my requests for either information or removal of the charges.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      20th of Aug, 2007
    ClassicCloseouts.com - No. 1 cheaters in the world

I have recently ordered a couple of Flip flops through classiccloseouts.comand I was been curiously waiting for the product but it never reached me. I tried for the customer support but there is no number exists in the site.

There is an option of contacting them through email but they never respond you back to your email. Later I realized they are "No. 1 cheaters in the world". I read quite a few bad complaints about the site after placed my order. I'm posting this complaint so that no one will order anything from this site and I'm also expecting soon government will ban this site.

Thanks, Vijay.

• Yd
      5th of Jul, 2008

Yeah this company pretty much sucks. They went through and chared customers up to $69.99 for membership 3 years after they they bought items from them. What do you expect from N.J? My guess is it is mob run. ;-)

• Ki
      8th of Jul, 2008

I just got the same amount charged to my checking account and have not been able to get any response to my repeated calls and emails so that I could even find out what the charge was for. I know I didn't order anything from them so I am sure it's a fraudulent charge!!!

ClassicCloseouts.com - I also have been scammed
    classiccloseouts.com

I am amazed to read all the complaints there are about Classic Closeout!!! The only time I ordered from them was last year. When I got charged on my credit card for $49.99 this past month, I thought there could have been a mistake, but seeing that so many people have been scammed, I realize that this is what this company does. I thing the government should take action and close this company down!!! People keep getting scammed every day. What is the use of complaining if nothing is done? It is no fair that we, the consumers, we are unprotected!!

ClassicCloseouts.com - $69.99 charge from classic closeouts
    classiccloseouts.com

My credit card was charged by Classic Closeouts on 6/27/08. I called them today and left a message on voice mail. I have not bought from them, but one time 3 years ago. I told American Express that I dispute the charge.

I found many in NY writing in with the exact same false charge and $ amount. First time I ever saw this site.

What I do NOT want to do is cancel my credit card -- I hope that American Express will prevent the company from doing this again - because why should I have to start all over with new card # number due to the classic closeouts fraud.

ClassicCloseouts.com - They unlawfully charged my credit card $69.99
    classiccloseouts.com

I purchased merchandise online from this company back on 9/8/06. At that time I gave them my Visa debit card and authorized the purchase. I had such an awful experience with this company, I have never purchased anything again.

On 7/9/08 (almost 2 years after that purchase) this company unlawfully processed a debit in the amount of $69.99 on my visa card. I researched this company online and came across other customer complaints that had been unlawfully accessed the exact same amount of $69.99.

I have not purchased or subscribed for anything from this company in the amount of $69.99. I called the contact number for this company with no success, the phone just rings & rings and hangs up (516-538-1616). I sent an email complaining about the transaction on their customer service section of their website.

This company has violated my privacy by retaining my personal visa account information and accessing it without authorization. Since they are impossible to contact, they are not being held responsible for their actions and therefore not crediting back the money that they have stolen from my account.

I have filed complaints with my bank, the FTC, AZ & NY AG office and TRUSTe.com.

18th of Jul, 2008
    ClassicCloseouts.com - Unauthorized withdrawal of money from my bank account
    classiccloseouts.com

Classiccloseouts.com unlawfully withdrew money from my bank account on 7/08/2008. Not only once but twice. I've tried calling them and I get this nice answering machine telling me to leave my name and number. I have done that several times as well as e-mail and still no response. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in New York as well as the FCC. This is a bunch of BS if you ask me. Someone needs to hold accountable for this. The amount was for $69.99 and they did it twice. Does anyone know how to contact Classiccloseouts.

• Mr
      19th of Jul, 2008
    ClassicCloseouts.com - Unauthorized charge
    New York
    www.classiccloseouts.com

I have been charged $49.99 from CLASSIC CLOSEOUTS 18664226397 NY on my credit card on 06/24/2008. But I did not order anything from 11/2007 through now. I tried calling them, but in vain.

21st of Jul, 2008

Ordered from them back in 2005 and this company morning there is a pending charge of $69.99. Based on what I have read about this company, this is a big scam and I will get my money back.

21st of Jul, 2008

I just saw on my statement that I was charged yesterday $69.99 from classic closeout tried calling could only get thru to leave a message. called back again and the phone just rang and rang

• Ro
      22nd of Jul, 2008
    Classic Close outs - Took my money without authorization. Haven't purchased anything since March 08
    Kentucky

I've been trying to notify Classic close outs for the last 2 weeks and no response. This company has taken money from my card without my authorization. I've emailed them and called them yet no response. Its some fraudulent activity going on here.

• We
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Just found out the same thing has happened to us. And of course, they don't answer phones or reply to e-mails. They stole $69.99 from us. Haven't even shopped with them since last Jan. No way I'll shop there again...ever.

• Ju
      24th of Jul, 2008

Three years ago, they didn't credit me for the items I retured. Now they charged me $69.99 for something I didn't buy. I'm reading others' complaints. It seems they like the number $69.99 for unauthorized charge.

In addition, they don't have a phone number that I can call. It was always the email communication, and they didn't return your email when they didn't want to, such as regarding refund issue.

I highly recommend to all online shoppers: DO NOT buy anything from that website. You may save money when you make purchase from ClassicCloseouts.com, but it could cause you trouble later.

24th of Jul, 2008

Well guess what people it happen to me to I bought from there 3 months ago and I wake up today(07/24/08) to find not one but 2 69.99 charges from them i cancel my card and as soon as it post its going to be a dispute cause I personally don't have a total of (140$) to be giving away dam it!!!

• St
      25th of Jul, 2008

I had gone to the grocery store to purchase items that totaled $16.00, since I only had $15.00 in cash, I gave the checkout lady my debit card and found out that it was declined due to insufficient funds. I came home and immediately logged on to my bank's website to check my account knowing that I had $150.00 - $160.00 in my account and that's when I found out that Classic Closeouts had charged my account for $69.99 TWICE...IN THE SAME DAY for purchases I NEVER AUTHORIZED! Since the fraudulant charges and my finding out about this happened on the same day (July 24 2008); I was able to notify my bank and had a stop payment made. Naturally, I also had my debit card canceled and had my bank issue me a new one. Classic Closeouts does not have a phone number and will not return emails regarding customer complaints. They also have a bogus address wich states that they are located at 110 W. Graham Ave. Hempstead, NY 11550. I did do business with Classic Closeouts in May of 2008 and I did recieve the items that I had ordered (which makes them seem like a legitimate place of business). This is ONLY to obtain your account information. They seem to like the amount of $69.99 and the 24th of the month. I was very fortuneate in the fact that I will have all of my money put back into my account. BUYER BEWARE! If you have done business with Classic Closeouts...CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD / DEBIT CARD ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY! If you do not, you may find yourself in the same predicament that I (and others) have been in another month or two.

• Ru
      25th of Jul, 2008

I have a $69.99 charge from them too on my account for July. I have not bought anything from them since 2004.

• Li
      28th of Jul, 2008
    ClassicCloseouts.com - Unauthorized charges
    ClassicCloseouts.com

This place is a SCAM. Ordered from them last year and they now charged me on my crecdit card $79.99 TWICE without my authorization. Tried emailing (no number listed on site) and called 866-422-6397 as listed on my credit card statement...no answer, no email back.

• Al
      29th of Jul, 2008

Charged twice $79.99, 2 consecutive days 7/24/08 and 7/25/08. Never even heard about this website. Called my credit card company right away and its in the process of dispute. Didn't even bother contacting the company after reading all these complaints. I hope this helps other not to trust ClassicCloseout.com.

• Sh
      30th of Jul, 2008

I too was charged $69.99 on 7-21-08 from my debit card. I ordered from them in 2003 or 2004, but never again. I left several messages today and hope to hear back. Has anyone gotten their money back?

31st of Jul, 2008

My credit card statement came in the mail yesterday and there is an unauthorized charge in the amount of $69.99 from classiccloseouts.com. I have tried to contact the company at 516-538-1616 and all I get is an answering machine. The one and only purchase that I ever made with this company was back in December 2007.

This company needs to be reported as others have had similar unauthorized charges for $69.99.