ClassicCloseouts.com / Charged my card 3x - Scam!!

1 110 W. Graham Ave, Hempstead, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-422-6397

Fast forward to after these charges showed up on my credit card statement: I tried to dispute 2 charges of 69.99 and 1 of 79.99 and the credit card company charged back the company. Then, wait... you'll love this... classiccloseouts.com sent 3 letters (all exactly the same, one for each charge back) stating they only sent these emails on behalf of their sister company, "thirdfree.com" and that's how I got confused. They say they sent these "emails" to their customer database who "typically ordered 3 or more time per year". Now, this www.thirdfree.com is a shell of a site, there is no way to register (because my daughter tried to see what would happen... don't worry, bogus info was used to protect her identity and email address), they don't have any of my account information, because I never signed up with them, they have no stock (you can tell by the frowny face that shows up next to the words : out of stock. I haven't ordered anything from classiccloseouts.com since 2002 and can't even remember if I even got that item. Now my credit card company is treating me like I'm in the wrong and said that if I tell them verbatem "I did not authorize these charges" the will restrict my account and have to give me a new card number. Like I want to go throught the hassle of all of that?? A class-action suit should be started against this company. What a time to start taking money from most who probably don't have that much to begin with. If they did would they need to shop at a discount website?? I rest my case!!

Comments

• Va
      15th of Jul, 2008

I have been charged $69.99 from POS DEBIT CLASSIC CLOSEOUTS 18664226397 NY on my debit card.

I have bought from them once. I tried calling them, but in vain. They are a bunch of idiots!

I was shocked to see this - I hadn't purchased anything for so much lately.

A quick search on Google revealed how corrupt these people are!

Be careful out there folks. Don't buy from them. Even if you do, make sure that you block you card from them after making a payment.

I hope my bank reimburses this money to me now. ***!

• Da
      18th of Jul, 2008

ALWAYS use a credit card not a debit/check card for online purchases.If you had you woulda been reimbursed immediatly.Sorry this happened to you.HUGS.

• Na
      1st of Aug, 2008

I was also charged twice for 49.99 and 79.99 by this company. I have only ordered once last year. This company is a big scam. They did that on purpose. I already filed a dispute to my credit card. But someone needs to take action to take this company down ASAP.

• Me
      1st of Aug, 2008

Exact thing happened to me and my mom for 69.99.

4th of Aug, 2008

This just happened to me too. $79 posted to my debit check card on july 29, 2008 @10:45 pm

5th of Aug, 2008

I ordered about $20 worth of accesories back in June and was just charged $79.99 for things I didn't order. When I logged into my account, I didn't see an order in my list. Also, there is no physical address listed for this company nor a customer service phone number. Only be Google-ing classiccloseouts did I find other people's similar stories.

NEVER EVER buy from classiccloseouts.com and especially NEVER EVER store your credit card information in your account! This is how they scam you later on!

I'm fairly sure that I will never see my $80 dollars again, but I will warn as many people as possible about these thieves.

• Ra
      6th of Aug, 2008

I was also charged for $69.99 by Classiccloseoutscom. These guys are stupid and they are doing it purposefully. BE WARE OF CLASSICCLOSEOUTS. COM

• Te
      8th of Aug, 2008

Unfortunately you have not seen the last of this company. Now that they have your account number they will continue to make unauthorized withdrawals from your account monthly. The average charges are for $59.99 and $69.99. You do need to notifiy your charge card company and ask them to refund the money and then block your card and have the company issue a new card and new number.

Terry

??
    ??
    Phone: 866-422-6397
    classiccloseouts.com

Last month, my bank account had a charge of $49.99. It took 3 weeks and 3 e-mails for them to credit the $$ back to my account and I only found that out because I looked online at my bank statement! They will not call and talk to you! Now, today, I opened my credit card statement and there are two charges on there--one for $69.99 and one for $59.99. The last time I ordered from them was in '07 about this time. And they still are holding a credit for almost $18. They did not credit back my $$ to my account. I remember having problems--sending numerous e-mails to them and finally getting back one saying that "we are aware of your problem". I had ordered 3 or 4 watches and when they got here, all of the batteries were no good. It took forever to get my credit. And also, they sent the wrong size blue jeans (3 pr.) and I never got my $$ back for them because they said there was no refund for this certain type of order. Talk about frauds! No phone number online anywhere or address! Thanks to Google I found you! They will be hearing from me through e-mail and my bank and credit card company!

• Sh
      14th of Aug, 2008

They got me too. Not once, but twice within a matter of days. Both charges are for $69.99. Called credit card company, getting charges removed and issuing another credit card. Not happy. Went to classiccloseouts.com, logged-in and went to My Account. Deleted everything. My one and ONLY order with them was Dec. of 2006 for a little over $7.00. Beware of them for sure!

• Vi
      14th of Aug, 2008
    ClassicCloseouts.com - fraud
    New York

Apparently this company is not in Nevada as I had originally thought. Here is the address to submit a complaint to the BBB about them. copy click an put in address bar

26th of Aug, 2008

OMG. Same thing happened to me, Didnt order anything from them in 2 yrs. Now 2 yrs later charge on my credit card for $69.99, next month $59.99. Called 8 times, email 10 times not response. My credit card is investigating it and I will not be charged and they informed me there were other customers with same problems. Credit card company informed me to contact the BBB which is what Im doing now and if anyone knows how to inform the public through where web site or elsewhere please let me know. Everyone who had ever ordered from CLASSICCLOSET.Com should close their credit card or charges will develop like 2 yrs later.

• Sk
      29th of Aug, 2008

I ordered something from them in May 2008, which was delivered in less than pristine, but still usable condition. They attempted to make things right, but the item was meant as a gift, and I didn't want to take the chance of not getting the replacement in time. In August, my credit card bill was hit with the same two charges mentioned, herein, along with a third charge that was credited (I wonder if that's how they trick people into thinking the other charges aren't "real"). Requests for an explanation by e-mail have gone unanswered, and their customer service phone number goes to voicemail during regular business hours which, at this point, I'm sure will be misheard or ignored (BTW, the credit card bill had both a regular and toll-free number next to each of the four debit/credits; the regular # was a Long Island, NY, exchange). My credit card company says they have had numerous problems with CC, which makes me wonder why CC hasn't been shut down (even if they, as a whole, are legit, it's obviously an inside job). So, I took my credit card company's advice, reported it as fraudulent, and had my card cancelled. How many more complaints is it going to take before CC is shut down?

18th of Sep, 2008

I too ordered something from them this summer and they have been taking 80.00 from my account and they did this twice in august and i just caught it. I have left emails to them contacted my bank and informed them of everything go on. I also told them that i was not going away til i get my money. I will do whatever I have to do to get my money back from them!!! If anywone has ideas let me know.

1st of Oct, 2008
    ClassicCloseouts.com - How to Shut Classic Closeouts down!
    Classic Closeouts
    110 W Graham Ave
    Hempstead 11550
    Phone: 1866422639
    classiccloseouts.com

Everyone who has been victim of unauthoized charge(s) from Classic Closeouts; Finally! Here is some helpful information! I e-mailed the Better Business Bureau of New York and here's the response. I've followed the advice myself already and yeah it's some work and it's annoying but it'll all be worth it when Classic Closeouts is held responsible for their criminal activity and shut down!

From: "Madelyn Murray" <[protected]@newyork.bbb.org>

You can file a complaint with us. Although the company will not respond, it will be on their record. Also and more importantly contact:

The Nassau County Office of the Attorney General
    516-248-3300
    1-800-771-7755

The Nassau County District Attorney’s office
    at 516-571-6000
    www.nassauda.org.

IF ENOUGH COMSUERS CONTACT THEM THEY WILL START AN INVESTIGATION.

If you file a complaint with us, I will have on record to give to these agencies should they subpoena our records. We already have hundreds of complaints since August.

To file a complaint go to www.newyork.bbb.org and click on “File a complaint”. Follow the instructions. Once we receive the information and it is reviewed, we will forward your correspondence when we contact the company on your behalf.

• Ga
      1st of Oct, 2008

This is frightning to hear they are still "doing business". This must stop. Having to cancel my credit card is simple compared to getting one of these governmental agencies to do something.

2nd of Oct, 2008

An article on consumerist.com has numbered the victims of these unauthorized charges in the thousands. If each of those individuals files a complaint with the 3 agencies listed above action will be forced to happen. Each online complaint form takes on about 2-3 minutes.

• Ji
      6th of Oct, 2008

I HAVE ALSO BEEN A VICTIM OF CLASSICCLOSEOUTS.COM. I BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THEM IN MARCH, 2008. SINCE THEN TWO CHARGES FOR $69.99 HAVE SHOWED UP ON MY BANK ACCOUNT. CAN SOMEONE BRING A CLASS ACTION FOR CONSUMER FRAUD AGAINST THESE PEOPLE ?

• De
      26th of Oct, 2008
    ClassicCloseouts.com - unauthorized charges from ClassicCloseouts.com

It looks like I'm one of many having been defrauded by ClassicCloseouts.com. I bought one item from this merchant back in 2002. Apparently they kept my cc info on file even though I always check the box do not save . Out of the blue, I was charged $69.99 & $59.99 on my July 2008 and August 2008 statements. Capital One has been good about reversing these unauthorized charges and issued me a card with a new exp date and security code although I told them the card was already expired that I discovered and deleted online from my ClassicCloseouts.com profile.

No extra charges in September but now a $59.99 "Transaction Rebill" is showing up on my Oct 2008 statement. Pretty ambiguous but I don't use that cc for anything anymore so it's obvious due to the amount and the phone number and state (NY) listed for the transaction that this is once again ClassicCloseouts.com.

I guess the only option is to close the card and have Cap 1 issue a new one with a different number. (I probably should have done this the 2nd time it happened.)

Anyway, anyone who has ever bought anything from ClassicCloseouts.com, be sure to keep an eye on your cc statements. It doesn't look like this company is going to give up their fraudulent practices.

• Ti
      27th of Oct, 2008

The SAME exact thing happened to me, same amounts, same letter back to the credit card company, same letter to me from the credit card company. It's obviously a scam, why am I being punished. I tried after the first two charges to get the cc to change my number and they just said it would still show up on my account if they charged me again since it was a "recurring charge". How frustrating.